cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Well, let's have it - Your first impressions?

Highlighted
Journeyman

Well, let's have it - Your first impressions?

Post your personal reviews here...looking forward to hearing what you all think.

163 REPLIES 163
Highlighted
Journeyman

I have same and I don't have color issues.

Highlighted
Journeyman

It doesn't direct me to telenav but it directs me to navigation for driving directions. Is that what you are saying?

Highlighted
Journeyman

I have the same version, & also experienced color issues.  My photos taken w/my OG EVO are displaying fine in the new EVO LTE.  The problem seems to be with the current LTE's camera/settings.  I too was seeing orange hues, ect...  I never had to change the camera settings on my OG EVO, but I changed the saturation to -1 on the LTE, & its better.  I can't say the problem is completely solved, as I have to take more pics.  My early comparison gives the nod to my OG EVO camera.

Highlighted
Journeyman

You can still get Telenav if you wish to use it. (I did wish so I did download it from Google Play) It is still free unless you opt to sign up for the version that costs $4.99 a month. If you had it and used it before you may find as I did that once you download it you don't even need to sign in to it as it figures out who you are and downloads everything on your Telenav account automatically. I like the fact that this phone lacks most of the non essential apps that were forced down my throat on the orginal EVO. I never watched Sprint TV. I don't do sports, Nascar or otherwise. I never used those apps yet I couldn't remove them. They took up much of the space and they are largely why I upgraded to a phone with a lot more memory and space. I'm pleased that I can download the apps I want such as Telenav. I noticed that the Nascar and TV apps are in the market if you wish to get them which is where I think they belong! Let each user choose what to have on his or her own phone!

Highlighted
Journeyman

did anyone notice  that it was more then 1gb ram   mind say  1.9gb   with 187mb used

Highlighted
Journeyman

i believe HTC just bi*ch slapped a couple of smart phones back to the end of the line.  This phone is AWESOME!  I've had mine for just a couple of days, but I am darn impressed (coming form the EVO)!

I talked on the phone earlier today for about 4 hours between two calls, answering call waiting, looking at a video clip on YouTube and fiming a couple of videos and the battery is less than a third down.  Oh and I also took several stills while making those videos.  Maybe I'm just lucky and got one of the a good phone based on some of the complaints and repeat complainers on here.   Activating was easy too.

My only concern was with the slimness of the phone.  I used an extended battery on the thicker EVO, which made it quite heavy and even thicker so I was worried that the thinner 4G LTE would slip through my hand when I picked it up.  Lo and behold a silicone cover arrived the very next day gifted by Sprint for the delay in delivery.  It's all good now!

Call quality is excellent, thanks!  It was one thing I didn't like with my previous phone.  I'm also glad that the ear piece is lower and more flushed to the phone.  It hurt before.  Speaker is great and clear.  While playing back a video in which I called my dog, she came running again when she heard my voice on playback.

I downloaded a couple of apps which was painless and that was done in my car between red lights.  This phone is fast and that's without WiFi.

So far I am so very happy and pleased with my decision to get this phone!  I was holding out trying to decide whether to go with this or the new Samsung Galaxy Epic.  I swore I would never get another HTC phone ever after a miserable time with the Touch Pro, but I'm certainly glad I gave them another chance!

Highlighted
Journeyman

Put your camera on. Go to top left of screen and click on "Portrait" The orange is gone.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I must say I envy you people lucky enough to get your I got my 1st gen evo 48 hours after release with no preorder at BB and this time there isn't even a new release date.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I received mine on Thursday.  I went to a Sprint store yesterday just to try and browse cases, even though I did receive that gel case that Sprint sent, but I didn't have the phone with me when I went into the store. 

The manager thought I was lying about having the phone because he said it had not been released yet. 

How sad is it that Sprint's own employees don't have good information.  I told him I did have it and described it to him.  I think he still doubted me...

Highlighted
Journeyman

Best phone Sprint has so far. Battery last long, easy to use, and great looking too. I went to the Sprint store to buy a cover for it, they said that they didn't even have the phone yet. Lucky, for me and everyone else who preordered, we got a free cover. Thanks Sprint!

Highlighted
Journeyman

Oh how I loved my first Evo 4G, but the internal storage was literally killing me. If an app was excessively large DLing it was a definitive NO. So one of the main reasons for upgrading to the Evo 4G LTE was the increased storage space. Then to make matters better, everything else is of course... BETTER!! Freakin' cameras facial recog picked up a 2 in. face (on the television) from 15 ft. away?!?! I didn't know what was happening, lol. Screen, speed, everything is super sweet. Usually I like to stick with the black motif (adding skulls and smoke for wallpaper) of the phones I get but I was so happy with the comp' silicone case I used that peaceful HTC waterfall scene, goes perfect with the blue. After a 6-7hr tweaking stint, the phone and I became synonymous. This is only the first day...?? 🙂

Highlighted
GrandMaster

Only thing I have yet to hear much about is battery life. Seeing as how its a new phone I'm thinking everyone is messing with them like crazy.. So NOW is the perfect time to judge battery life. For the most part everyone posting in here is currently considered a heavy user lol.

How many hours is everyone getting?

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat