Sprint Community is Read Only. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat or visit community.t-mobile.com
Sprint Community is Read Only. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat or visit community.t-mobile.com
Sprint Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Well, let's have it - Your first impressions?

Journeyman

Well, let's have it - Your first impressions?

Post your personal reviews here...looking forward to hearing what you all think.

163 REPLIES 163
Journeyman

Typical android... First day I had to work so wasn't using as much and it made it most the day, 10 hours. Today I was on it non stop and got 5 hours before it was @ 19 %

Journeyman

I use my phone about the same everyday during work. Checking e-mail, facebooking, using gtalk. with the EVO 4G and extended battery, by the end of the day I'd have 20%.. with the LTE EVO I had around 40%.

Journeyman

I'm sure that will be a docking station coming along shortly, which take some stress of your kickstand

Journeyman

That sound pretty good, what your saying; but my motorola photon starts going crazy if I use it for more than a minute when it's charging, I hope I won't have that problem with my new evo. Also having the charging port their work well with docking stations I have one for my photon, I hope the evo will work with it.

Journeyman

Hope your not driving when your taking these calls, because a bluetooth listening device of some sort would the answer to your problem. It's the Law, at least in New York it is.

Journeyman

Really, I'm getting my new evo with the 1500 unlimited data and any mobile any time family plan, the only way I could get the new evo was to open a new line. I'm leaving a $69.99 + $10 unlimited data "any mobile any where plan" (my phone) and $50 unlimited plan (my daughters phone) for the 1500 unlimited family plan and I'm adding a friend for a total of three lines. I tried to get a family plan back in October when I got my daughter a phone, but they told me that they didn't have a "any mobile and any time family plan", so it was fisible at the time, but I received a letter from sprint about a month ago telling about the new plan that I mentioned above and that it would expire June 9th. I heard about the new evo coming out so it was perfect timing until the phones got held up.  If I don't get my phone by the June 9th I hope they will still honor my 1500 unlimited data plan agreement that made with Wirefly when I pre-ordered my phone.  If they don't will be forced cancel the third line and send the phone back.

Journeyman

"How many hours is everyone getting?"

In my case it's measured in days, so far. I charged it overnight Thursday and it's still got a third left as of 11 pm Sat night. I don't have a lot of talk time, probably an hour or so, but I've been messing with it constantly.The wifi and bt are both on.

Now for a question.... anyone know if there's a way to change what the phone does when a text comes in? factory setting has a big ol' box come up that shows who sent the text and the start of the message. my old shift just had a scroll across the bottom saying who and a couple of words. I don't like the new deal since it's not very discrete.

Journeyman

Yeah your right, before I had a smart phone, I enjoyed watching music videos through sprint tv on my LG Lotus, but once I got a taste of the og evo, my first smart phone. I never used sprint tv again and I don't do the sports thing either, and would have liked to have been able to get ride of them, this was one features I appericated about my photon; you could unistall alot of useless apps, not all, but most of them.

Journeyman

The touch pro was a windows phone right? I had one too for a short time and ran on windows. I think that windows is just not that great of an os on a phone.

Journeyman

I ordered everything I needed for my new evo ahead of time; (car charger, severl type cases, full body screen protector, Holster) every thing is here; just waiting for my phone to arrive.  I am very anal about the protection of my devices; every phone I ever had has been passed on to someone else in mint condition. That's why I don't worry when people complain about that plastic part on top the new evo, cause I'm going to have that fully body protector on it before it's out the box. All this items were purchased between amazon and ebay, if you were wondering.

Journeyman

luvmyevo wrote:

If I were you, I would seek an exchange as well, unless they can prove to you that it is a software issue.  Have you tried comparing software and hardware versions between yours and others who do and don't have this issue?

Good idea.  Here are my hardware and software versions.  I would like to know if anybody who has the same issue has the same hardware and software versions and vice versa.  Please post replies just like mine so it's clear to everyone.  Go to Settings, About, and you'll see this.

Does your phone have display color issue:  YES or NO  (Mine is YES)

Hardware version:  0003

Software version:  1.13.651.1 710RD

Journeyman

Just.picked mine up.off a preorder friend who couldn't use it for work and has to.wait for.the new.iPhone 5. His loss was my gain. So far I love it and I had a galaxy nexus so o have tried ics on a big screen. This is a more friendly phone for a long time EVO user and less useless sprint apps . Will tell more after a good charge is on it

Community News

Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat