cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Well, let's have it - Your first impressions?

Highlighted
Journeyman

Well, let's have it - Your first impressions?

Post your personal reviews here...looking forward to hearing what you all think.

163 REPLIES 163
Highlighted
Journeyman

OK I have had mine since Last Thursday, I noticed the same problem with the colors but when you change the setting from the AUTO to PORTRAIT form the person icon in upper left corner the colors are fine. The orange goes away and the colors are more natural. Not sure why but it did fix the problem. Hope this helps.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I have put it in Portrait mode and the various other modes as well.  The Portrait mode does make it a "little" better, but I still do have pinkish rash looking spots on flesh tones (for example the persons knees were very pink blotched).  Also you do know that in portrait mode you will not be able to use the burst mode, as I've found that is only in the AUTO setting.  But again, the portrait mode lessens the orange and pink, but it's still there unfortunately.  Glad it fixed yours.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Yes (you already know, ha)  and I have the exact as you.  Hardware version 0003, Software version 1.13.651.1.71ORD

Highlighted
Master

As a reminder, name calling will not be tolerated on these forums as per the Community Guidelines. Any repeated name calling is a bannable offense. I will monitor this thread and selected individuals for compliance to this guideline.

mapesy

Highlighted
GrandMaster

MADSCRIBE123 wrote:

Now for a question.... anyone know if there's a way to change what the phone does when a text comes in? factory setting has a big ol' box come up that shows who sent the text and the start of the message. my old shift just had a scroll across the bottom saying who and a couple of words. I don't like the new deal since it's not very discrete.

normally you would go into the text app settings and change it there. i dont have the phone in front of me but thats USUALLY the norm. personally i have never been a fan of the stock browser or text apps. for texting i go with handcent..which works pretty well..and dolphin HD for the browser..both have alot more options and can be set up to do things for each person..girlfriends texts pop up as a orange logo..roomates is purple...etc. at a quick glance i know who it was

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Highlighted
Journeyman

Aww, That' so sweet that you've rendered your upgrades to your family. I'm glad that you finally have a smart phone, enjoy!

Highlighted
Master

I had the original Touch Pro and was really upset regarding the revision not to get the HD when it first came out. However, I decided to get the OEVO when it came out because the Android software was more mature at that point. After using the Android version on the OEVO, I couldn't see going back to a win mo phone.

Since then, the Android phone have gotten better and better with every version released. This new one I'd no exception.

--
If my post or someone else's answered your question please mark it an Accepted Solution.

Keep in mind, like you, I am a Sprint subscriber. I am in no way employed by Sprint in any sense. I just know stuff.
Highlighted
Journeyman

Received my replacement EVO LTE today (yep 2nd one).  Same exact problems as the first one I got.  Displays colors wrong, speaker crackles when using Skype, video delay when using any video chat, bluetooth wont auto connect after first pair with bluetooh car, time zone keeps popping up.  I called customer care and set up a full return.  Switched back to my original Evo 4G.  Sending both EVO LTEs back and waiting till contract is up on August 1st.  Hopefully either the SIII will be better or else they'll fix the EVO LTE issues down the road.  But I'm not taking a chance being stuck with a phone that doesn't function as well as my original EVO so had to get them back within my 14 days.  Good luck to everybody else.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Actually I have heard there is very little bloatware on the new EVO.  Can you list all of the ones that are true bloatware.  My understanding is that it is just the Sprint Zone and one or two other things.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I could be mistaken on this but I think that Android ICS may have a setting which by default install apps that can be put on an SD card to the SD card automatically if you have one.  Seems like I experienced that in the Honeycomb tablet version as well.  Could be way off on this but I think that is the case.

treytai wrote:

Got question for anyone using the app2sd app When it says I have a movable app it says move to phone storage not sd like on my original evo. Now if I do that and want to move it back to the phone it gives the option of internal storage. So I assume phone storage means the sd and internal means just that. I do not seem to be having the color issue that others are having either.

Highlighted
Journeyman

HTC hub, sprint zone, HTC watch (movie app), and the worst of all Facebook. Why can't I uninstall Facebook!

Highlighted
Journeyman

HTC Hub and HTC Watch are HTC Sense products which are from HTC not Sprint.  Not sure why you can't remove Facebook...that's new.  But it is still much better than when you could not remove Sprint TV, Nascar App, Blockbuster App, SprintZone and I think there was an NFL app too.  Not sure but it definately sounds like an improvement and there is only one Sprint Bloatware (SprintZone) which is actually helpful if you are intersted in accessing your account from your phone. 

HTC Hub is basically an app store and probably a little redundant since you have Google Play also

HTC Watch seem like it would be cool for renting movies etc

Not being able to uninstall Facebook is kinda crazy ...but over all it's a big improvement.

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat