cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What Ever Happened to HD Voice?

Journeyman

What Ever Happened to HD Voice?

Remember HD Voice, the exclusive sound quality update for the EVO 4G LTE that was supposed to debut by the end of last year?   What ever happened to that? Will there be any new phones featuring this technology?  Has anyone actually made an HD Voice call on the Sprint Network?

Tags (2)
2 REPLIES 2
Master

Re: What Ever Happened to HD Voice?

I believe it requires LTE. So those markets that have LTE enabled or launched probably have HD Voice as well.

--
If my post or someone else's answered your question please mark it an Accepted Solution.

Keep in mind, like you, I am a Sprint subscriber. I am in no way employed by Sprint in any sense. I just know stuff.
Journeyman

Re: What Ever Happened to HD Voice?

It's actually a 2G CDMA technology that was to be installed as part of the Network Vision upgrades.  I haven't noticed a single HD call though I have used LTE in places.  I'm just wondering whether anyone has actually gotten it to work.  Also I don't believe any other phones with this feature have been released, leading me to wonder whether Sprint has simply given up on it.

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat