cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What do you propose Sprint should do now that we're all phone-less?????

Journeyman

Re: What do you propose Sprint should do now that we're all phone-less?????

Honestly I think thats exactly what Apple is trying to do....Lets delay the release of the only phones on the market that can give our Iphone some competition so we can have time to release our next big thing the Iphone 5....smh...this is what the world has come to!!!!!...Welcome to the world of Big Business

Journeyman

How about this SPRINT, how about not charging me $30 fee to switch my phone, before I have even switched! I see a credit for $120??? Explain that!

Journeyman

All of the above. What is your suggestion?

Journeyman

My suggestion was in the 2nd post on the thread....but I just want Sprint to be upfront with us and keep us in the loop...If there is a delay so be it but be honest and accomodating because it wasn't our fault...We did our part and pre-ordered the phone now the ball is in their court!

Journeyman

You do realize that Apple caused this mess in the first place.  Lots of other issues since, but it started there.

ETM4422 wrote:

While 'stuff' happens, I was on with the delivery tech in Romania and he assured me that I was one of the first 1000 customers who pre-ordered and my phone would 'most definitely' be on my doorstep on 5.18 (I assumed he was referring to 2012); looks like he was wrong.  All I want is my phone and atleast a letter saying sorry.  On the other hand, I now know why I should have stuck with my gut instinct and waited for the iPhone 5.... By the time my new phone arrives, he iPhone 5 will be available .

Journeyman

Actually it started with people/companies being able to get patents for pretty much anything, whether it's intellectual, hypothetical or whatnot. Then there's the issue with HTC developing something that comes so close to violate a patent without permission and yet continuing production. Sprint doesn't owe anyone anything other than an apology for not making this information publicly available sooner. Pre-orders are just that, an order for something that has yet to be released. You are simply ensuring that you will get one of the products and not have to wait and risk not getting one AFTER they are available in the stores. So other than Sprint's lateness in supplying information to the consumer, what is the issue?

Journeyman

For starters other companys are offering a better price even at pre-orders stages. Pre-order  does not mean you will receive item ????? and Sprint being the size company it is should know better. I have been a customer for over 18yrs. and in  the last couple of yrs, they suck. I don't want to hear how they been burned and had to change their policies "completely" so has the banking industry and they keep chistering(raping) their customers. Sorry but shame on Sprint.

Journeyman

This morning, around 5:30AM PST, I called Sprint because I noticed that I had yet to receive an e-mail nor had the shipping information been updated. I wanted to know what was going on. When the Sprint rep told me what had happened I was floored. I asked him when they were planning on letting the customer,who's money they are holding and spending, know about the situation. I surely don't blame Sprint for the woes, but I do blame them for gross negligence or the handling of this information. I asked, that in exchange for Sprint flat out lying to me, that they waive my activation feed. After placing me on hold for a terrible amount of time, he came back with what I would consider the wrong answer, no. I asked to speak to a supervisor and he said that they were all busy. I asked him to have someone give me a call because at this point I was at my wit's end. He placed me hold once again to see if that was even possible. After holding for another 5 minutes I hung up. Much to my surprise he called back and told me that's  possible. Apparently, Sprint wanted me too waist another period of time listening to hold music all the while getting more steemed by the second.

As soon as I got off the I started a chat session with someone and just wanted to cancel my order. I was told that I couldn't this late in the game because the phones were already at the warehouse. Once again a lie! I finally received an e-mail this afternoon from Sprint letting me know that they are going to keep their promise of getting me a phone on or before the new drop date. Big whoop!

So what do I want, I want my $36 back. What does it cost a computer to remap the information? There is no one sitting a PC entering in all this info, please. There is no cost as this is just extra dough for Sprint. I want to be able to cancel my order if I want to. They have my money. I will NEVER pre-order anything from them again. Finally, I want some sort of credit for living in a place that was too hilly for WIMAX but paid $10 a month for the past two years. Oh, but I got unlimited data... So what, in the past few months, especially since Sprint decided to jump on the iphone bandwagon, my data connections speeds are slower than my 14.4 modem I had as a teen. $10 a month, paying Sprint to lie to me every time I wrote that check.

Sprint, you generally do a good job when I've had problems, but this time you blew it.

Off m soap box..

Journeyman

this situtation haven't changed my mind with Sprint or the HTC EVO 4G LTE but it did make me boycott pre-order I will never pre-order anything ever in my lifetime just in case of an unexpected events like this I'm going for buying my stuff and having it in my hand the minute I purchased it

Journeyman

I agree it hasn't changed my mind either but I definitely will never pre-order another thing!!!!!

Highlighted
Journeyman

SanDiegoJack wrote:

I was told that I couldn't this late in the game because the phones were already at the warehouse. Once again a lie!

That wasn't a lie.  They have been there a while.  They aren't sitting on a boat idling in the Pacific Ocean, they are sitting in the UPS warehouse in KY waiting for the OK from the feds to let them go out the door.

Journeyman

@MANISA - if there are other companies offering better prices, why don't you go there? No one is forcing Sprint or this phone on you, are they? Second, I think either you didn't read my post or didn't comprehend what I wrote. A pre-order simply putting money down to ensure you are getting something. Your pre-order for this phone means that one phone will be reserved for you and you won't be in a situation where you have to run to your local Sprint dealer and wait in line to find out they are sold out. You are guaranteed one. It doesn't guarantee that you will get it on a designated day or time when something occurs that is out of the seller's control - such as what has happened here. Is this really that hard of a concept to grasp?

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat