cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What do you propose Sprint should do now that we're all phone-less?????

Highlighted
Journeyman

What do you propose Sprint should do now that we're all phone-less?????

Everyone is always quick to rant & rave but I'm just curious what solutions some of you have come up with...I've read about discounts, refunds, free accessories, etc...

What do you think should be done??????

44 REPLIES 44
Highlighted
Journeyman

I know the activation fee is $36...I was saying for those who didn't pay the activation fee they should at least credit us the data fee for 3 or 4 months to equate to the discount they would receive if they waived the activation fee for them...

Highlighted
Journeyman

I like that idea!!!!

Highlighted
Journeyman

carolinavenger wrote:

I would hope that they would waive the "activation fee" at the very least. It would also be nice if they'd drop the $10/month "premium data fee" for a bill or two considering that their 4G LTE isn't even ready to go yet. Why pay a fee for premium data that you can't even get... that may be a rant for another time though.

Why even buy a LTE phone when their is currently no LTE?

I understand some people need a new phone.  But why not buy you a used cheapy phone to hold you over until you get LTE?  Or go prepaid for awhile?  The LTE phones do not support wimax right?  So you will basically have a 3G only phone until your area gets LTE.  Not sure why people want to be in the same situation as the iphone owners.  To each their own I guess.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I never had WiMax for the 2 years I've had my original Evo and still absolutely loved it.  Honestly I don't expect LTE here before I'm up for an upgrade again anyway.  I'm fine with 3G speeds, but I am excited about the hardware.  It'll be fun to play with the speeds when I visit LTE areas (WiMax was fun in Atlanta and Cleveland) but that's not my main reason for getting the phone.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I'm buying the phone just to get the latest android hardware. I guess I could go buy a used Galaxy S2 but that would cost about $100 more than the contract EVO price and be abused phone. Why do that when you can have the latest for $199. 

The only arguement would be that then I'm not under contract and if a better LTE phone comes on the market when LTE is live I could upgrade to that.  Could always just sell the evo used in that case and pay retail for the newest thing.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I personally think Sprint has handled this situation poorly.  They did not get in front of the situation at all.

Any company taking Pre-Orders for an item and the MONEY for those items, should actually possess those items!  Any company other than sprint, that does not have item or has an item on backorder does not charge their customer and actually take their money before the item becomes available. 

I am okay with a phone coming later than expected... But I would like to know who is getting the interest that they are probably collecting on ALL of our money that they are currently HOLDING onto??? This is the part that upsets me... What are you doing with my money if not providing me with my product?!?

And why do they keep telling us, "IF" it becomes clear that the phones will not be deliverable they will make some type of announcement.  What the hell do they think "delayed indefinitely" means?!?

Highlighted
Journeyman

lies all lies, sprints LTE isnt up yet so they buying time with this so called shipping problem.

Highlighted
GrandMaster

if that were the case they would have done something before the OTHER 2 LTE phones were released...what would holding one LTE phone back do? absolutley nothing.

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Highlighted
Journeyman

JD nailed it... Sprint is busted.  Even though they have the Viper and Galaxy Nexus out already.  And they even got AT&T and HTC in on the hoax... those cleaver bastards.

Highlighted
GrandMaster

oddly enough this site will allow bastards to roll through..but you cant describe to someone the color change up of the scre ws on ones phone after a repair store works on it lol..

example...screw

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Highlighted
Journeyman

Everyone has made some valid points...I can't wait to see how this works out!!!!..SMH

Highlighted
Journeyman

While 'stuff' happens, I was on with the delivery tech in Romania and he assured me that I was one of the first 1000 customers who pre-ordered and my phone would 'most definitely' be on my doorstep on 5.18 (I assumed he was referring to 2012); looks like he was wrong.  All I want is my phone and atleast a letter saying sorry.  On the other hand, I now know why I should have stuck with my gut instinct and waited for the iPhone 5.... By the time my new phone arrives, he iPhone 5 will be available .

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat