cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What now? HTC EVO Imbedded battery! No way!

Highlighted
Journeyman

What now? HTC EVO Imbedded battery! No way!

After doing all my homework I decided to go with the HTC EVO until I found out it had an inbedded battery! Geez! Why did

they do that? I always carry a backup battery due to the nature of my business. Now where do I go? iPhone is not an option.

Tried one for a few days from a friend. Not impressed. Not user friendly IMHO.  Any other LTE's out there? What would your next

option be? I hate shopping for anything!! All suggestions/replies appreciated! Thanks!

48 REPLIES 48
Journeyman

Re: What now? HTC EVO Imbedded battery! No way!

Anyway if you want a LTE phone, then you have the choice of 3: Viper, EVO 4G LTE, and Nexus.

A simple lookup on Sprints site would of gleaned that info. http://www.sprint.com/landings/lte/index.html?ECID=vanity:lte

By the way, the EVO 4G LTE has a huge battery (2000mAh)  and also does LTE on the chip itself, unlike other LTE devices with other carriers, adding more life to the battery.

Sprint Employee

Hello SophiePuglet, You shouldn't let the internal battery turn you off the the phone, there are alternatives to carrying a second battery. Have you seen the Tylt portable charger, or the Solio portable charger?

No longer working Community Response.
Journeyman

My suggestion would be the HTC Arrive on the Srint Network unfortunately not LTE of 4g for that matter but a solid device as its one of the highest rated phones Sprint has to offer.  The Nokia Lumia 900 with 4g LTE is another option but is on another Network.  Unfortunately Sprint did not give me a choice and went with the Lumia a little over a week ago.  I have used all the OS's (and I dont mean just played with them at the store) and by far the OS the Lumia and Arrive have to offer is arguably the best there is. 

Journeyman

portable chargers are bulky and annoying to carry around.

they can put strain on the microusb port. they aint convenient.

there is 0 excuse for there to be a internal battery.

carrying around a nice skinny spare battery is far more more practical

with how inexpensive they are. i usually have one or two in my car.

one in my pocket, at the office. its GREAT not being tethered.

this will backfire hardcore on sprint if they dont change the battery to removeable.

Wizard

The above suggestions are excellent if you want the EVO LTE.  If you just want a new LTE phone with removable battery, Sprint is promising 15 devices (including hotspots) by the end of the year.  There should be something in there to meet everyone's needs.

Journeyman

I'm not so concerned about the sealed battery, since I've never had any issues with my current EVO 4G. If it turned out to be an issue at some point...one could always revert to the protection plan.

GrandMaster

variance84 wrote:

portable chargers are bulky and annoying to carry around.

they can put strain on the microusb port. they aint convenient.

there is 0 excuse for there to be a internal battery.

carrying around a nice skinny spare battery is far more more practical

with how inexpensive they are. i usually have one or two in my car.

one in my pocket, at the office. its GREAT not being tethered.

this will backfire hardcore on sprint if they dont change the battery to removeable.

the best comments i have seen on this subject are by IndieArmy and wingland here

http://community.sprint.com/baw/thread/87859?start=0&tstart=0

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Journeyman

I learned from the storm that came through RI last year that knocked out the power here for almost 6 days. http://www.amazon.com/Goal-19006-Guide-Adventure-Batteries/dp/B004OHIYLW/ref=pd_sim_sg_2

Carrying a spare battery, or some form of battery charger...you're still carrying something.

GrandMaster

i picked up a couple more usb charging cords off amazon for like $6. one stays in my truck, one at home and my original that is pretty beat down is at my work..im running a extended battery but those are for those "just in case" scenarios.

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Journeyman

The reason there is no removeable battery (I believe anyway) is because of the NFC chip and google wallet. I don't see any way for them to embed that chip with a removeable battery, at least not without making the battery side loaded or something, in which case you would not be able to put in a bigger battery anyway.

GrandMaster

im not to up on how those are used in the phone itself. but couldnt they just sacrafice a bit of thickness and keep it with a removable battery?

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat