cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What now? HTC EVO Imbedded battery! No way!

GrandMaster

Re: What now? HTC EVO Imbedded battery! No way!

yah that would for sure croak off a battery lol...if thats the case the new update coming out for the evo should resolve that with the auto checking of reception..i still havent received it yet to say if it works wonders yet or not..

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Journeyman

I'll throw kudos to Juice Defender as well. I went with the full premium version shortly after installing the free one. I has at times doubled the battery life in my EVO 4G. There's a learning curve to the initial set-up, but it's an app I won't do without.

Journeyman

I have a splash portable charger for my OG EVO .It is smaller than the phone and can get 3 full charges before it goes dead,and can charge all my other devices! This makes more sense if you worry about battery life and you don't end up with a drawer full of old batteries for phones.The whole imbedded battery is no big deal for me.

Journeyman

truly sucks htc fail i canceled my pre order for same sealed battery soooo dumb

Highlighted
Journeyman

Journeyman

why not ? i use my phone out in the field with no access to power

Sprint Employee

Hello derick1073, look about eight posts up. An alternative type charger may be just the thing you're looking for. they have battery, fuelcell, and solar type out there.

No longer working Community Response.
Journeyman

I agree, people make too much of needing a spare battery when there are alternate ways to get battery life.  Anyways, looks like Evo LTE has been delayed so...  http://betanews.com/2012/05/16/apple-patents-block-htc-one-x-and-evo-4g-lte-from-u-s-market/

Journeyman

This is probably a really dumb question, but I guess I will ask anyway.  I believe that we are instructed to fully charge cell phone batteries before first use, and fully deplete/recharge the battery for at least the first few cycles.  Supposedly this will allow the battery to take a better (i.e. fuller) charge, and improve battery life.  I do know that when I let my old media player sit too long without a charge, it would never take a proper charge again.  Obviously phones are shipped and sit in inventory for extended periods all the time, so I doubt there is a significant issue.  However, I am wondering if anyone is concerned about the extra time our Evos are sitting without getting the initial charge, especially since the battery is not replaceable.  Is this a non-issue?

Journeyman

That does not matter at all.It could sit on a self for a year ..lets nope not.

Master

Doctechx wrote:

This is probably a really dumb question, but I guess I will ask anyway.  I believe that we are instructed to fully charge cell phone batteries before first use, and fully deplete/recharge the battery for at least the first few cycles.  Supposedly this will allow the battery to take a better (i.e. fuller) charge, and improve battery life.  I do know that when I let my old media player sit too long without a charge, it would never take a proper charge again.  Obviously phones are shipped and sit in inventory for extended periods all the time, so I doubt there is a significant issue.  However, I am wondering if anyone is concerned about the extra time our Evos are sitting without getting the initial charge, especially since the battery is not replaceable.  Is this a non-issue?

Lithium-Ion Polymer batteries do not have a "memory" that older batteries exhibited (i.e. Ni-Mh and Ni-Cad technology).

I've always had good experience with information from here in the past: http://batteryuniversity.com/learn/article/charging_lithium_ion_batteries

Simple Guidelines for Charging Lithium-based Batteries

• A portable device should be turned off while charging. This allows the battery to reach the threshold voltage unhindered and reflects the correct saturation current responsible to terminate the charge. A parasitic load confuses the charger.
  • Charge at a moderate temperature. Do not charge below freezing.
  • Lithium-ion does not need to be fully charged; a partial charge is better.
  • Chargers use different methods for “ready” indication. The light signal may not always indicate a full charge.
  • Discontinue using charger and/or battery if the battery gets excessively warm.
  • Before prolonged storage, apply some charge to bring the pack to about half charge.
  • Over-discharged batteries can be “boosted” to life again. Discard pack if the voltage does not rise to a normal level within a minute while on boost.
Journeyman

Thanks for the good info.

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat