cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What was motive to remove the microphone icon from the Swype keyboard?

Journeyman

What was motive to remove the microphone icon from the Swype keyboard?

I have found out how to access google voice type, but I am curious what the Jellybean motive was to remove that shortcut key? Would love to hear a meaningful explanation, and would love to know why the Spanish/English toggle switch remains a permanent key on the Swype keyboard.

14 REPLIES 14
Highlighted
Journeyman

Re: What was motive to remove the microphone icon from the Swype keyboard?

And who bright idea was it to have that power saver icon permanently showing in the notifications menu.

Journeyman

Good call GW-would love to know the meaning of that one too.

With the service that speech recognition provides this day and age to drivers in preventing texting while driving, I just would love clarification from someone in the design dept how the two extra steps to access voice to text (which also mandates that the user to focus on the screen) makes good sense.

GrandMaster

i havent had a chance to check but someone said long pressing the period will pull up the mic.

post if this actually works or not..im a bit currious on this one..not that it makes any sence what so ever lol..

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Master

That was me, you can see it in the below screenshot.

Screenshot_2012-12-19-15-47-33a.png

Swype on the other hand had it completely removed.

--
If my post or someone else's answered your question please mark it an Accepted Solution.

Keep in mind, like you, I am a Sprint subscriber. I am in no way employed by Sprint in any sense. I just know stuff.
GrandMaster

love the changes google see's as small that are actually HUGE to the consumer lol...

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Journeyman

You are absolutely correct, being one handed and needing special characters the ability to speak your e-mail and enter special chars. was/is essential to me.  So I'm using a Sammy Note II but it does not fit in my shirt pocket!

Note: Swype Beta (current ver.) does have the mocrophone but does not auto space...... Calm down Grass Hopper!

Happy Holidays to All!

Master

And yet other issues seem to never be addressed. 

--
If my post or someone else's answered your question please mark it an Accepted Solution.

Keep in mind, like you, I am a Sprint subscriber. I am in no way employed by Sprint in any sense. I just know stuff.
GrandMaster

i know there are other apps that are more user friendly with the seeing empared..so im wondering if this would be a situation that it might be more useful. always worth a try.

and if youre going to do a multi responce add the others persons name so it doesnt look like youre saying it to the same person..i have no idea what youre talking about with the swype beta lol

Master

Swype Beta Auto Spaces fine for me. You sure Auto Spacing is turned on under settings? If it is and it doesn't Auto Space. I suggest uninstalling it, uninstalling Swype Installer, Restart phone then reinstalling it.

Edit: Never mind, I see you have the SGN2 not the LTEVO.

--

GrandMaster

i think he/she has both...theyre just using the N2 beause its actually working on it..on the LTEVO its not.

Master

Gotcha.

--

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat