cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

When is Sprint and HTC releasing Jelly Bean to the flagship Evo 4G LTE phone???

Highlighted
Journeyman

When is Sprint and HTC releasing Jelly Bean to the flagship Evo 4G LTE phone???

I know it is slated to come out "soon", but I don't think December is a proper release date and I believe that "now" would be far better than soon to properly compete with rival Apple and their iPhone 5. Just wondering on when Jelly Bean will be coming and hopefully it will come in either October or November, but not December as this is only an incremental update, not a huge update like Ice Cream Sandwich was. Thanks for any info.

43 REPLIES 43
Highlighted
Journeyman

This would be awesome!!! Here's to hoping.

Highlighted
Journeyman

From the looks of it the truth to the posting would be tomorrow. Supposedly the network will be initiating it tomorrow. Let's hope this is true since the HTC One X just received their Jelly Bean update in India 8 hours ago...I mean seriously why does the US have to be last...don't we buy the phones first anyways???

Highlighted
Journeyman

Where have you heard this?That post was for the 16th and it was a hoax nothing happened.The US is always last most of the world use GMS phones they get updates first then CMDA.look at the use of NFC ,Japan has been using it for years.

Highlighted
Master

I still don't think it's gonna happen. We would have heard more rumors by now if it was.

--
If my post or someone else's answered your question please mark it an Accepted Solution.

Keep in mind, like you, I am a Sprint subscriber. I am in no way employed by Sprint in any sense. I just know stuff.
Highlighted
Journeyman

No this was an old postI have not heard anything.

Highlighted
Journeyman

WHY can not someone in corporate with the information be honest with us users.....I like many others am thinking about going where I can get honest info and a good phone WITH Jelly Bean

Highlighted
Master

Because they most likely don't know either. It could still probably be in HTC's hands and hasn't even made it to Sprint yet. Who knows.

--
If my post or someone else's answered your question please mark it an Accepted Solution.

Keep in mind, like you, I am a Sprint subscriber. I am in no way employed by Sprint in any sense. I just know stuff.
Highlighted
Journeyman

The update is starting tomorrow guys via manual client-intitiated updating. It'll then be pushed out via the network to the rest of everyone else on 1/3/12! And trust me this is legit this time I work at Sprint and the notice for it was on my employee information homepage! The update is going to be noted as 3.15.651.16 and is going to bring you Jelly Bean along with all the stuff below. All the other rumors were never actually anything that showed up in my system but this one was front and center! And trust me guys I wouldn't make this up I'm an EVO 4G LTE owner myself and I've been just as invested as you guys I check everyday!!

Fixes/Enhancements Include the following (but possibly more):

WiFi Authentication Improvement

Personalized Ringtone Issue fixed

Hyperlinks routing to Phone App from Calendar description issue fixed

Calendar Reminder Improvement

Upgrade to Android 4.1 (Jelly Bean)

Improved Browser performance

Face Unlock Improvement

Sprint Connections Optimizer

Application Improvements to YouTube, Google+, Gmail, Maps, and more.

HTC Sense 4+

Improved Camera Capabilities

Improved Gallery

Highlighted
Journeyman

Ok Mr.Steez

Highlighted
Journeyman

I see no 3g/4g switching improvements listed. 

Highlighted
Journeyman

Sprint Connections Optimizer  thats in there.The problem is if you don't have LTE there is nothing to switch to....

Highlighted
GrandMaster

that will only randomly kick on your wifi when youre within a known to your list wifi location...it only changes up to 4G on the old phones since you had to manually do it or kill your phone by keeping it on...just about every phone out there is currently running the optimizer..if youre one of the many that are on top of your connections then i reccomend turning it off..its a bit sketchy at times. especially if you have the "notify when a wifi connection is available" turned on.

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat