cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

When will my HTC EVO LTE Ship? Says I will receive it before this Friday

Highlighted
Journeyman

When will my HTC EVO LTE Ship? Says I will receive it before this Friday

Not having a good feeling about the pre-ordering thing. Maybe I should have just went to the store on Friday to pick one up. What's everyone else thinking?

39 REPLIES 39
Highlighted
Journeyman

I'm going on a trip this Sat. and was hoping I would have my new phone to keep me entertained on the way. Yesterday it said BACKORDER and I was bummed, then today it said I could get it before or ON THE DAY OF relese..then what's the point of pre-ordering ugh!! What's the deal Sprint? I don't mean to sound like a baby but I was pretty excited and now... :'(

Highlighted
Wizard

the point of pre ordering this device to to lock in a device for yourself. it does NOT IMPLY you will get the handset days before launch, unless sprint states this. they did this with the 3D and the photon, in that they went on record and said pre order folks will get theirs on X days before the launch.

this go around there was no guarantee or sale pitch that stated you would get your handset BEFORE anyone else? the pre order was only to guarantee you would have one on launch.

Highlighted
Wizard

Please see the information I posted here regarding the availabilty of the device.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I just got some bad news I heard that customs is holding the phone due to something that Apple isn't happy about. Unless they can clear this up we may not get our phones on time.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Where have you been?  Beating a dead horse.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Yes i can verify that. Just talked to Customer Service. They said they are on hold in Customs and probably will not be deivered on Friday. However she did say if a store has the phone then pick it up and refuse the package once it comes in and it will be credited back to you.

Highlighted
Journeyman

That's not an acceptable answer. "Buy the phone again and we'll refund you the one you pre-ordered when we get it back". Where did the yahoos making these decisions get their degrees?

Highlighted
Wizard

I'm not sure that would work.  In order to pre-order the phone at the discounted price, you'd have to use your upgrade and agree to a new 2-year contract.  If you go into a store Friday, aren't they going to pull up your phone number to confirm eligibility for the upgrade and show that you already purchased a phone against it?  Otherwise, you could easily get 2 new phones at the discounted price on the same upgrade eligibility.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Hate to say this but it seems Sprint really dropped the ball. Looks like were definitely not getting our phones today. I kept optimistic hoping that it would be over by today and I would magically get my phone in the mail. Guess not. I just want to scream nut bot really sure I know who to point the finger at. Where was plan b for Sprint. I read that they knew this could happen back in December. Not knowing if thats true but if it is then that's just irresponsible . Crossing fingers that apple gets their head outta their behind and allows the phones to go out.

Highlighted
Journeyman

SPRINT DOING THEIR BEST TO AVOID THE QUESTION.

Jessica: Thank you for visiting Sprint. What questions can I answer for you today?
You: when is the national launch date for the EVO LTE
Jessica: Thank you for your patience. If your question is account or order related, please have your order number, account number and PIN ready.
Jessica: Please wait while a secure chat connection is established.
You: i just want to know the launch date
You: are you serious?

Highlighted
Journeyman

That is the same Jessica and same conversation I had Tuesday night at 11 pm.  Then finally secured the chat then told me she didn't know what I was talking about concerning the delay and promised I would have my phone by today.  That is what I am angry about....

Highlighted
Journeyman

Yes...  I have a recorded phone call with order support at 11:00 EST on 5/15/2012, one hour before phones were to ship.  She told me that the stories of delay in customs were rumors, and told me that I would definitely have my phone on or before 5/18.  I made her say it about 5 times.  I posted the recording in a thread that was taking place that night, but it has been removed along with several pages of posts in that thread.  It's funny to listen to now.  I tried to get Order Support Escalation to listen to the call on 5/16 when I unsuccessfully tried to cancel my order, but they were not interested. 

ARILEY7825 wrote:

That is the same Jessica and same conversation I had Tuesday night at 11 pm.  Then finally secured the chat then told me she didn't know what I was talking about concerning the delay and promised I would have my phone by today.  That is what I am angry about....

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat