cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

When will we have 4G LTE in Denver area?

Highlighted
Journeyman

When will we have 4G LTE in Denver area?

I bought HTC EVO 4G LTE in June and I realized that Denver has not had 4G LTE since then. I am wondering if it will be available soon. If so, how soon? I would hate to wait too long...

Tags (5)
88 REPLIES
Master

Re: When will we have 4G LTE in Denver area?

I can not give you a date when  this will happen.  the upgrade will be part of the network vision process that is ongoing between now and the end of 2013

Master

Yeah, the only thing we can give you is a prediction. No gurantees.

--
If my post or someone else's answered your question please mark it an Accepted Solution.

Keep in mind, like you, I am a Sprint subscriber. I am in no way employed by Sprint in any sense. I just know stuff.
Journeyman

No offense, but why in the world are you installing a 4G LTE network in Guam and Costa Rica before Denver?!  It makes absolutely no sense.  I've been a Sprint customer since 1999 and I think this might be the straw that finaly broke the camel's back.  I will be a new Verizon customer within the next few months. 

Journeyman

Seriously, key west has LTE but Denver does not.  I like Sprints policy’s with unlimited data but they are always behind the technology curve.  By time they get done rolling out LTE Verizon will be on to something bigger and better and Sprint will always be playing catch-up.

Master

It's amazing how quickly people forget how long it took for Verizon to implement LTE across the nation. Sprint has been upgrading extremely fast compared to the same time span when Verizon started LTE. Sorry they haven't picked your city yet for upgrade, they haven't picked mine yet either.

--
If my post or someone else's answered your question please mark it an Accepted Solution.

Keep in mind, like you, I am a Sprint subscriber. I am in no way employed by Sprint in any sense. I just know stuff.
Journeyman

All of us here in Denver will be waiting for 4G LTE for a while probably.  I think (this is not based on fact, but only my opinion) that because Denver already has 4G WiMAX, we won't get LTE until the very end of the national implementation.  I wish that Sprint would allow us to use our old 4G phones to access the WiMAX network only while simultaneously using our new LTE phones.  I think that would be a fair compromise since we pay the same as those who currently have LTE implemented in their area.

Master

I can not get you a  hard date for when there will be LTE in Denver  You can use your old phone on WiMax it has not been turned off. 

Journeyman

My post probably should have been clearer: I realize that it will most likely be a while until we get LTE.  What I was suggesting is that for those of us who have recently upgraded to new phones (I recently upgraded to the Galaxy S3) that Sprint allow us to still use our old WiMAX phones for 4G service.  For example, I have the original EVO, but since I upgraded to the S3, I can't use my EVO anymore.  My suggestion is that Sprint should have allowed 4G service only (no 3G, no voice, etc) on our old WiMAX phones even after upgrading to a new phone.  This way, we can still get the benefit of 4G when we need it (using our old phones) but can use our new phones as our daily device.

Master

Sorry I did not understand  The problem is there is no way on our system to configure the second device to allow it to use 4g data.  It has to have information in the system that allows the service to authenticate the phone.

Community News

Having trouble posting or viewing your Private Messages? We made an update to the Community registration process which requires you to validate your email, click here to read more about it.