cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

When will we have 4G LTE in Denver area?

Master

Re: When will we have 4G LTE in Denver area?

Yep, very true.

--
If my post or someone else's answered your question please mark it an Accepted Solution.

Keep in mind, like you, I am a Sprint subscriber. I am in no way employed by Sprint in any sense. I just know stuff.
Journeyman

I just looked at the Sensorly map and I am frequently in many of the places they claim to have 4GLTE. I have never once seen the 4G icon show up on my S3. Sprint definitely has had a problem as of late with prioritizing. Maybe, just maybe they will rise to the occasion and give us the service we have been promised.

Journeyman

Actually I think that map might be accurate.  I recently got a nexus 5 and switched to ting which is on the sprint network.  I noticed over the weekend that LTE would randomly popup on my phone, and it did it while in idaho springs which I thought was odd of all places, but according to the sensorly map idaho springs does in fact have 4g

Master

DITTODDT,

Thank you for your patience and for letting us know what you are seeing over there. I definitely know the wait has been tough, and while we are still rolling our LTE services out around the metro area, there are places where upgrades are taking place a bit closer to home as well. If you’d like I can check your area closest to you and see how far a long we are at getting to you and what the time frame is looking like. Just let me know what your cross streets and zip are and we can do just that. Let me know and thank you once more for your patience.

Nick

Sprint Social Care

Journeyman

To Sprint Care,

I would like to focus on one point specifically.  My office in the Denver Tech Center; an area in which you would think faster/reliable cellular services would be highly sought after.  The service at my building has gotten progressively worse.  Simple text message communications cannot be performed due to the lack of network connectivity.  3G service is definitely weak & slow here.   I assume it has to do with the numbers of employers in the area.

Address:   6200 S Quebec St, Greenwood Village, CO 80111

With the expansion of LTE networks of the competing carriers such as Verizon & AT&T, the lack of service/speed has become more and more obvious.  Friends & colleagues' services seem to continue to grow while Sprint falls drastically behind the curve.  Often times when I have little to no signal, my counterparts on other carriers are receiving strong LTE signals.  I'm getting tired of hearing from Sprint representatives in the area that LTE is right around the corner.  I've had an LTE capable phone for 3+ years now and I bet I've connected to a LTE network no more than a handful of times.

Sprint needs to communicate with Denver customers honestly and provide more accurate expectations on it's future here.  If I had my own business, I definitely would not be using Sprint as a carrier in this city, but since I only use Sprint for personal use I've continued to be patient and believe that their is hope.  My frustration is becoming more and more frequent.  Additional Sprint customers are beginning to realize that it is going to be necessary to increase their financial commitment to switch to Verizon or AT&T to receive a more reliable and faster network.  Their constant communications with their family, friends, social networks, etc are becoming much more necessary and they will be willing to pay the difference to switch.

Journeyman

I Currently live in Castle Rock and do get 4G on my phone on founders parkway, but I only get upload no download, so my internet doesnt work it cant download the web pages, so I have force my phone to switch back to 3G for it to do anything.  The 3G is horrible and super slow,  when I was in Atlanta and Kansas City I got full 4G and man was it fast, I just wish Sprint would wake up and get it out here the 3G service is horrendous.  I switched from AT&T to Sprint in April this year so I could have unlimited data and watch NFL sunday ticket on my phone, and I was told then by the salesman that 4G would be here in Denver NO LATER THAN MAY!!  Complete lie, its now December and still no full 4G, and to make it worse every time I call or go into a sprint store they still tell me it will be here by the end of the year.  Sprint needs to get there act together Denver is one of the larger and growing cities in the us and still no 4G and subpar 3G is a travesty!

Highlighted
Master

KingJ81,

Thanks for the post. I am sorry to hear your so frustrated with the rollout. I can assure you we are working as fast as quality allows getting the network vision upgrade rolled out.  I have taken a look at your area in Castle Rock and show that there is currently only one tower that has been upgraded to LTE. This has been pushing LTE since June of this year.  This tower is near Reservoir rd. The good news is that all the remaining towers are within 90 days or sooner from going live with LTE. You can get more up to date info from our dedicated link for network upgrades. www.sprint.com/network

Victor
Sprint Social Care

Journeyman

I was told the same thing in August 2012 by a salesman..... that 4G would be available within 6 months. Guess that's their bait and switch method.

I agree that the 3G is even embarrassing. It's horribly slow and I can't even download traffic from news sites when I'm stuck in traffic.  I sure hope Sprint gets 4G by August, if not, they'll be losing a couple of customers.

Master

MarkandShannon,

Thanks for the post. I understand how you feel. Where in Denver are you? Can you provide us a zip and cross st near you? The areas I saw near the Airport show that the majority of the towers show they should go live within the next 90 days or sooner if everything goes well and there are no issues that pop up.

Victor
Sprint Social Care

Journeyman

80010, near Havana & Montview. It's not only the lack of 4gLTE that bothers me, it's that there is no service within a two block radius of my home. I have an airrave installed in my house which works for me while indoors but I can't set my home alarm from my phone until I have traveled at least a mile (at least) from my neighborhood. Just try to use google maps when leaving home! If I don't prepare the map and directions on wifi before I leave the house, I'm out of luck. Tell you what, I'll rent you some roof space for you to put a tower to service our neighborhood. Sound good?

Sprint used to have excellent customer service from the very moment you spoke to someone. Lately it has been lie after lie after lie. Then, when you call them out on their lies, they transfer you to someone else or hang up. I know your customer service staff is bearing the brunt of all of this but perhaps take the load off of them by furloughing all of your executive's bonuses until they can get their jobs done in an efficient manner. The problem comes from the top down. No self respecting executive would say any different. Your CEO set a good example by giving back his bonus except it was just to please your shareholders. Please your customers! We will wait out our contract a bit longer but if I don't see marked improvement we will be switching carriers. From what I can tell, customer migration is already a big problem for Sprint and the fix is simple. DO. YOUR. JOB. and provide the 4gLTE you have promised.

Thank you and good night. I'll be here all week

Journeyman

I've waited years for WiMax...and now I've waited years for LTE.  So many promises and no delivery.

I just had a cross-country trip in November/December of 2013 to the Pacific Northwest.  I was amazed at the little towns I went through along the way that had 4G LTE.  How is it possible that Sprint has continued to ignore the Denver Metro area for this long?  It obviously isn't a priority for them.  T-Mobile has much better coverage...and they're the #4 player?

I'm done with the waiting and the broken promises.  I don't care if I have to pay a bit more.  I can't use what Sprint doesn't have at any price.  This is my LAST contract with Sprint.

Master

Small towns are easier and quicker to do then large metropolitan areas. Larger areas have allot more red tape that has to be navigated, as such they take longer.

Take a look at the site http://s4gru.come loads of information on the status of various areas, as well as why some areas are taking longer then others.

--
If my post or someone else's answered your question please mark it an Accepted Solution.

Keep in mind, like you, I am a Sprint subscriber. I am in no way employed by Sprint in any sense. I just know stuff.
Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat