cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

When will we have 4G LTE in Denver area?

Journeyman

Re: When will we have 4G LTE in Denver area?

I also checked Sensorly.com today.  This seems to confirm the "from an outside-in" LTE roll-out strategy. 

Hang in there, Denver folks.  It shouldn't be much longer before you enjoy LTE like us in TX.Denver.png

Journeyman

I can assure you that Key West does not have LTE (with sprint that is) every other carrier has it.  We barely have 3g service.  Service has gotten really really bad. 

Wizard

coloradokevin,

Thanks for posting and I want to allay your concerns right now. Denver will be getting LTE, it is a huge market as it is a gateway to the American west and a major American metropolis. I can't guarantee you a date but we will get there, hang in there please!

Andrew B.

Sprint Social Care

Wizard

Dave_from_TX

Thank you for posting this, Sensorly is a great app. We can't guarantee its content as it is a 3rd party site but since it generates signal maps as a function of the user experience it is a very good tool.

Andrew B.

Sprint Social Care

Wizard

unhappywithservicekw,

Thanks for posting. A perfunctory review reveals Vision architecture will be built in Key West in the next 6-8 months. When did he service start to deteriorate? Does it fluctuate as per location and times of day or is the service level constant? Please let me know.

Andrew B.

Sprint Social Care

Journeyman

speed test performed on 10/25/13 at 6:23pm in my house zip: 80220

Download: 0.60

Upload: 0.19

Ping: 153

I pay an extra $10 for no 4G and, if you look at those results, almost non-existent 3G. I have been "hanging in there" for like 3 years...or $360

Journeyman

i finally got tired of the trouble we were having with data here in the Denver area (slow speeds, data service would drop off,etc) that we paid our cancellation fees and switched providers.  Couldn't be happier with the service we are getting now.  I like Sprint, but it just wasn't worth staying when no one at Sprint could tell me when all of Denver would be getting LTE.

Master

tomdadourian wrote:

I pay an extra $10 for no 4G

Unfortunately, no you don't. You pay an extra $10 for a phone that is more capable of downloading larger amounts of data. Typically, phones that are exempt from this are non Android, iOS, Windows BlackBerry, etc.. type phones. What's left are considered basic phones that aren't capable of downloading content the way smart phones are.

--
If my post or someone else's answered your question please mark it an Accepted Solution.

Keep in mind, like you, I am a Sprint subscriber. I am in no way employed by Sprint in any sense. I just know stuff.
Journeyman

We are just about there as well.  Wife and I are done waiting (on our downloads and new services).

Been extremely happy with Sprint prior to this contract, but the network is everything.  And in Denver right now, it's really not anything compared to Verizon or AT&T.  And it is a shame.

While early termination is a waste of money, I'd rather have a reliable, expansive, high-speed network.

I want to believe all the reps who say "It's coming!  Trust us, it'll be great".  It's the same message I've read now for a while.  I know it is coming, but by the time it arrives (no firm date yet), will it just be a catch up to where other providers were 2 years ago?

Speedtest .3-.5 Mbs up and down where I am in Denver.

Journeyman

Here's the coverage map from Sensorly.  It's the only reliable source when talking about Sprint LTE in Denver. 

Journeyman

I seriously can't understand why I've paid the 4g fee for over a year now on two phones with no 4g service.  It's ridiculous.

Journeyman

If you're talking about the $10 per month charge, it's not a 4g fee.  I believe it's a fee on advanced devices.  For example, you would pay this fee for an iPhone 4 even though the phone itself doesn't have 4g capability. 

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat