cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

When will we have 4G LTE in Denver area?

Journeyman

Re: When will we have 4G LTE in Denver area?

I've been waiting for years for Sprint to bring LTE to my area, and they continue to lie to me about it.  I have a 4G LTE phone that does not get ANY kind of 4G LTE.  Considering my month's usage of data does not exceed 1.5 gigs, I'd rather have to watch my usage with AT&T and Verizon, who have existing 4G LTE to offer.  At least I'd get what I pay for, unlike with Sprint.  My contract is over in 45 days.  Can't wait!

Journeyman

In July, my wife and I were shopping for the best cell phone package. The sales representative promised that 4G LTE would be delivered before the end of 2013. Therefore, we signed up for two samsung s3s; however, I was apprehensive as previously being with Verizon. The LTE service on the Verizon network using the iPhone 5s was lightning fast! Since we have switched, we have had nothing but issues. Both our Samsung S3s have been less than reliable. Thank the Lord for Wells Fargo's built in insurance coverage for hand held devices. When you pay your cell phone bill with your credit card and you break your phone they cover up to. 600 of the value of the phone. I was then able to replace the samsung with an iPhone 5s. Furthermore, our service in due town and in the DTC is shockingly disappointing and pathetic! While at work downtown, I can rarely have a five minute phone conversation without being dropped not to mention attempting to send a short text 4 and five times before it successfully princesses the request. I am about fed up with paying $140 for two smartphones that cannot access the "data" we pay for or the ability to make a local phone call. Today, I completed a network speed test from my phone and the results are below; Download speed in DTC .7 Mbps and upload speed of .62. Ping 91 ms

Did someone compare this to dial up? I think we should. As a customer, I want a thorough explanation and promises of speeds and or LTE delivery soon. How are you going to win my loyalty back, because right now we are not happy customers!

Master

Motodrew13,

Thanks for reaching out and apologies for the delayed response. I can understand your concern with the lack of LTE and service problems you are experiencing. Network upgrades are scheduled to begin very soon in Denver. There are a few towers that are already transmitting 4G LTE. I am personally in Denver and have been able to pick up LTE by DIA. This is great news meaning that the rest of the metro area is just around the corner. You can check the status of the upgrades here www.sprint.com/4G Be assured we are working on improving the network nation wide.

AJ
Sprint Social Care

Journeyman

Thanks for the reply, but it's no longer an issue for us.  My wife had finally had enough and we switched carriers last week.  I now get 4G at my home and office.

Good luck with your upgrades and may your customers find some relief sooner rather than later.

Master

DougCoUser,

Sorry to hear that you left us, thanks for sharing your feedback. Our network team is completing upgrades as quick as quality allows.

Eduardo

Sprint Social Care

Master

Krigare,

Thanks for your post expressing your dismay with the 4G/LTE rollout in Denver.  We'd love to take a look at the tower that serves your immediate area and let you know what we see for an enhancement schedule.  We'll also let you know what developments we see with the towers in and around your local area.  Thank you.

Thank You,

Sprint Social Care Team

Michael C.

Master

JohnMichaelTaryn,

Thank you for the post. I'm sorry to hear of your overall disappointment with Sprint's coverage in Denver.  Sprint is looking to win loyalty and reward our customers with an all new network.  Sprint is deploying “Network Vision” to build an all-new network which consolidates networks and technologies into a single all-new, nationwide 3G and 4G LTE network with a price tag in the billions.  While other carriers may use the same equipment they’ve been using for years to carry voice and data traffic, Sprint’s all-new network will use the latest, state-of-the-art equipment to help make customers’ wireless experience faster, clearer and easier. 

Once we are done with Network Vision the next phase (which has already begun in some markets) is to deploy Sprint Spark in more markets (www.sprint.com/spark).  Network Vision is the overahaul and Spark is the cherry on top.  It is a completely comprehensive plan for future voice and data service that incorporates multiple bands of 4G (not just one).  We are excited about the future and we are excited about rolling out these great projects in many markets.  Let us know the nearest cross streets and zip code in the two areas that you are in most in the Denver area and we'll check the coverage and let you know what enhancements are scheduled.  Thank you.

Thank You,

Sprint Social Care Team

Michael C.

Journeyman

Michael, I'm not located in Denver

Master

Krigare,

We would like to check your area. Where are you located? Can you please provide your zip code and cross streets? We look forward to your response and looking into your area.

Thank you,

Anthony

Social Care Team

Journeyman

Anthony,

Can you give me an update on 2 Denver areas?  First is Aurora, 80045.  This area services the new (2007) medical campus with thousands of employees, patients and students.  Now with numerous housing complexes going up, will service be upgraded?  The service is extremely limited.

The next area is Downtown Denver, 80202.  This area gets decent service on certain days or hours, but we are approaching summer with many events that draw people to the city and this overloads the towers.  On certain days, i.e. St. Patrick's Day, Baseball Opening Day, 4th of July, parades, fairs, etc., Sprint service is non-existent.  After 4 years of dealing with this I would assume it would be worked out by now.  And since I recently moved right into this location I don't want to have an emergency problem in my own home and not be able to make or receive a phone call.

Can you let me know if there are improvements currently taking place or planned for the near future?  Thanks!

Journeyman

Sprint "Don't worry.  We're working vigorously to bring you the LTE you deserve, because we were stupid enough to start building it 3 years after everyone else did."  Honestly, dude, you're better off going to a real company like Verizon that can provide you the LTE you'd get charged for, unlike Sprint where I'm being charged premium data and getting the worst while all their reps enjoy LTE (CDMA) and Spark LTE.

Master

shawnhsims1

Thank you for providing the location information. I was able to check the areas that you posted. I saw that we will be rolling out LTE coverage to the Aurora area within the next 90 days for some parts and 6 mos for others. I also saw that we will be bringing LTE coverage to the Denver area within the next 90days.  We appreciate the patience that you have shown and ask that you continue to bear with us. We will be improving your service soon.

Omar

Sprint Social Care

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat