Sprint Community is Read Only. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat or visit community.t-mobile.com
Sprint Community is Read Only. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat or visit community.t-mobile.com
Sprint Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where are the EVO LTE's Sprint?

Journeyman

Where are the EVO LTE's Sprint?

Come on Sprint, we're now 10 days past the launch date of your flagship device.  I realize that some folks have received their phones through preordering at Sprint, you're the lucky ones, and for some reason spotty Best Buys and Radioshacks have had them in stock as well.  In my town there are none and no information on an ETA at Best Buy, Sprint stores, and Radioshacks in town.  I preordered from Best Buy, and am peeved that folks in different towns have been able to get there's from Best Buy...just not mine.  What I REALLY don't understand is the fact that my city is in the first round LTE launch as well, so you'd think they would want to get this phone in my city.  I know everybody that preordered was upset with Sprint's lack of communication regarding this phone, well now 3rd party preorderers (like myself) that haven't heard a peep are feeling it even worse!  What the heck is going on here?  It wouldn't be so bad if I hadn't cracked my old EVO screen the other day, now my patience is wearing thinner by the day.  Somebody should write a book at Sprint for future reference, it's title "How Not to Release Your Flagship Device"...I'd buy it. 

20 REPLIES 20
Journeyman

Maybe you should have pre-ordered from a sprint store instead of a 3rd party....then maybe you would have ur new device already...just a suggestion

Master

I am sorry there is a problem with your preorder with Best Buy.  We did have a problem getting the device release through customs.  I do not know how best Buy gets there or how they determine which stores will get stock first.  We are trying to fill the preorders from online and from our stores as fast as we can.  As to where and how long before Best Buy has stock that information would have to come from them.

Journeyman

Thanks Knight, unfortunately my Best Buy is just as clueless as my Sprint store.  I'm familiar with the customs issue (not blaming Sprint for the delay), but the lack of concrete information is what is getting under my skin.  Are there still containers stuck there or were there simply more Sprint preorders than anticipated and not enough phones for stores/3rd party orders?

TechGuy-Because the phone ends up costing me $100 as opposed to $200, trying to save money.  I'd of been fine waiting had I not cracked my old EVO screen, unfortunately it has expedited my need for a new phone.

Journeyman

I have had just bad experience pre-ordering from Best Buy remember when the iphone 4 first came out they were still letting ppl order the white ones and they even knew that the white ones wouldnt be available launch day...then when launch day came it was first come first serve on the black iphones.

Journeyman

TechGuy and dwilliams - I preorderd from a Sprint store in my area, and they are actually even more in the dark than Radio Shacks and Best Buys in the area (Seattle).

14KNIGHT - Is there any information on when people who ordered in the Sprint stores will be able to get theirs?  I agree with dwilliams, the lack of information is the most distressing part of this. 

Master

I wish I had more information to give out.  At this time our goal is to get phones to the people who paid in full for the phones and then get them out to the stores to fill those preorders.  I do not have any access to the number ordered or the number received or how many may still be held up in customs if any.  We want to be able to get a phone to everyone who wants to purchase one.

Journeyman

14KNIGHT, thanks for the even minimal information. 

Journeyman

I appreciate it knight, I'm not upset either.  It would just be pointless to pay the deductible on my old Evo when I've got a brand new phone on preorder.

Journeyman

All the local Sprint stores in my area (Wash. DC) don't have any info of when they will recieve any EVO's.... pre-order or not.  The funny part is that the local Best Buy has them in stock and you dont even need a preorder to buy one.  Thats where I purchased mines & I never pre ordered the phone.  Hope you get yours soon!

Journeyman

I agree, what's going on with these darn phone's? If the ITC is still checking shipments of the phones as they come into the country and holding up the shipping process, then Sprint or HTC or both should let the public know what's going on.  To relieve some of the fustration that their customers are having.  They yet haven't given third party pre-orders the go ahead to ship, because I've keep calling Wirefly and they keep telling me Sprint has not given them to ok ship the phones, that I will get a stupid email when my phone ships.  If Sprint was the only unlimited data plan carrier in the game now, I would take my business elsewere.

Journeyman

Communication between Sprint and their franchises are terrible.

I spoke with a couple managers @ Sprint Stores in my area. (Bay Area)

They still say ALL the EVO LTEs are stuck in customs.

Community News

Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat