cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where are the EVO LTE's Sprint?

Highlighted
Journeyman

Where are the EVO LTE's Sprint?

Come on Sprint, we're now 10 days past the launch date of your flagship device.  I realize that some folks have received their phones through preordering at Sprint, you're the lucky ones, and for some reason spotty Best Buys and Radioshacks have had them in stock as well.  In my town there are none and no information on an ETA at Best Buy, Sprint stores, and Radioshacks in town.  I preordered from Best Buy, and am peeved that folks in different towns have been able to get there's from Best Buy...just not mine.  What I REALLY don't understand is the fact that my city is in the first round LTE launch as well, so you'd think they would want to get this phone in my city.  I know everybody that preordered was upset with Sprint's lack of communication regarding this phone, well now 3rd party preorderers (like myself) that haven't heard a peep are feeling it even worse!  What the heck is going on here?  It wouldn't be so bad if I hadn't cracked my old EVO screen the other day, now my patience is wearing thinner by the day.  Somebody should write a book at Sprint for future reference, it's title "How Not to Release Your Flagship Device"...I'd buy it. 

20 REPLIES 20
Highlighted
Journeyman

June 2nd folks...although I'm still a bit dubious about the whole thing...but I have my hopes up.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Me and my wife walked into our local Sprint store today to get our old phones fixed and asked when they were getting the EVO LTE's in, they said they just got them in this morning. We said the heck with our old phones and bought 2 EVO's, so far really happy with the phone.

Highlighted
Journeyman

This thread is such the opposite of my experience, though I've personally heard of people having problems from friend in different parts of the country. I'm in a suburb of Chicago, and when the first Evo LTE's got through customs last week, Best Buy emailed me that it'd be in on the 24th. I walked in on the 25th, pre-order confirmation page in hand, paid my $60, and walked out with my phone. No hassle whatsoever.

Highlighted
Master

Well it looks like the device released on time.   Hopefully there will be no further problems with the shipment coming through customs from this point on. 

Highlighted
Journeyman

Just ordered mines today! I can't wait to get rid of my ancient HTC Hero and use this powerhouse device! I've been hearing alot of complaints that the 3G network is bad but coming from my old phone I'm sure I won't have anything to complain about. Conversation starters here I come!

Highlighted
Journeyman

Except for the fact that you will have to pay a $10 per month 4G premium for a device that has no 4G availiable until possibly the end of this year or end of next year or sometime in 2014. And even then, there is no guarantee that the LTE network will come to our area. The phone itself is amazing. I know because I bought yesterday. But this morning it donned on me that I am paying for something that does not exist at the moment.......What is wrong with that picture.

Highlighted
Master

Same here, three of us went in to Best Buy at lunch on the 24th and walked out with our phones. My girlfrined picked her's up on the way home at a different Best Buy store.

--
If my post or someone else's answered your question please mark it an Accepted Solution.

Keep in mind, like you, I am a Sprint subscriber. I am in no way employed by Sprint in any sense. I just know stuff.
Highlighted
Master

The $10 a month adder is for having a smart phone (Android, iOS, Palm, RIM, etc..), it's nolonger for having 4G service like with the OEVO.

--
If my post or someone else's answered your question please mark it an Accepted Solution.

Keep in mind, like you, I am a Sprint subscriber. I am in no way employed by Sprint in any sense. I just know stuff.
Highlighted
Journeyman

I got mine on Saturday June 2nd, there weren't any in my town prior to the launch.  Glad to say I'm pleased as punch with the new device.  Now I await the launch of LTE, come on Sprint, I'm rootin' for ya!

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat