cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where do I change a password

Highlighted
Journeyman

Where do I change a password

I changed my gmail password, and now I can't find where to set it on my phone, can someone assist?

3 REPLIES 3

Re: Where do I change a password

Do you have your Gmail set up on your email application or Gmail application? I think if you have it set up on your Gmail application, a popup with show when you try to access your mail saying the username and or password is incorrect and at that point it should have an option to put in your new password.

If you are using the email application, go to your email, menu, more, settings, account settings and change the password there.

Ray

Journeyman

Found it, A warning kept coming up on the status bar at the top, I would select it and it would just go away, finally after about the 4th time when I selected it it brought me to a place to put in the password.

Master

Another thing you can do if it happens again, sometimes it's stubborn like that, is the following,

Settings > Accounts & Sync

Disable Syncing for Google. Then re-enable Syncing, it should ask again.

In the event the popup doesn't come up and no amount of waiting results in a popup,

Settings > Accounts & Sync > Google Account

Click the Remove button at the top. Then re-add the account and enter the new password.

Option two is typically a last resort, as the popup should appear when it does it's regular sync, a force sync or the disable/re-enable sync option I describe above.

--
If my post or someone else's answered your question please mark it an Accepted Solution.

Keep in mind, like you, I am a Sprint subscriber. I am in no way employed by Sprint in any sense. I just know stuff.
Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat