cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where is my 4G in Gainesville, GA?

Journeyman

Where is my 4G in Gainesville, GA?

Saw news that Sprint turned on LTE/4G in Gainesville,GA so why is my HTC EVO 4G LTE not picking it up?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!!?

5 REPLIES 5
Wizard

Re: Where is my 4G in Gainesville, GA?

C-Diddy,

Thank you for your post regarding LTE coverage. Can you provide me with the nearest intersection/cross streets to your location as well as the zip? I will check to see if there are any LTE enbaled towers.

Markie_B

Journeyman

Gainesville GA 30501, Intersection of John W Morrow Pkwy and Pearl Nix Pkwy

Wizard

C-Diddy,

Thank you for that information. The towers in that area are not LTE enabled. The closest LTE enabled towers are located 3.6 miles SW of that intersection near Mountain view road and 3.7 miles E near Athens highway.

A city being "launched" does not mean that the entire network and all towers have been upgraded to 4G LTE in that area. Rather, a city is launched when it is determined that enough towers are completed to get basic on-street coverage, and allow users on the network. Then work continues to increase coverage and capacity by upgrading the other towers in the area. By the end of the Network Vision deployment ALL towers will have new 3G and 4G equipment.

Markie_B

Message was edited by: Markie_B

Journeyman

Thanks for that info. Where can customers go find out where the LTE towers are up and where they are not? OAN I am still having issues with My wife and my HTC EVO 4G LTE Freezing up and sending texts wrong or not at all. I love Sprint and HTC so I just want everything to start working properly.

Wizard

C-Diddy,

No problem glad to offer information. As far as checking out coverage in your area, you can go visit sprint.com/network to see the improvements in your area and what is to come. As far as your devices, have you had the opportunity to take them to a Sprint service and repair location? They can check your device for possible software failure or even hardware failure. Sometimes the apps we use on our devices can cause the symptoms you are experiencing and a hard reset would need to be performed to clear that apps programming on your device especially if you are using an app other than the stock app that was loaded on the device.

Markie_B

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat