cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why No Tegra Quad Core?

Highlighted
Journeyman

Why No Tegra Quad Core?

I played with my mom's new Droid Razr when she got it a week ago and the thing is blazingly fast...so I'm looking forward to upgrading to one of the new Dual Core phones from Sprint. But how come the HTC EVO 4G LTE isn't coming through with the Tegra Quad Core that the rest of the HTC One line shares? They didn't trade the processor for the kickstand I hope...

12 REPLIES 12
Highlighted
Wizard

Re: Why No Tegra Quad Core?

This has been discussed a few times.  The dual core setup is faster, uses less battery, and works with LTE.  The quad-core doesn't.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Thanks! I saw a thread where this was discussed right after I posted. I haven't followed any of the phones since picking up my EVO 4G two years ago. I'm glad I wasn't quick to jump into something new, or I'd be posting in the G2 Epic Touch section...

Highlighted
Wizard

I'm in the same boat.  It's the first time I can remember having so many quality choices from Sprint that I'm struggling to figure out which one to upgrade to.

Highlighted
GrandMaster

HTC has yet to let me down so far...im hoping they keep up their track record with me. others havent been as lucky of course..but that is going to be with any phone out there.

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Highlighted
GrandMaster

actually if you want some more reading material on the s4 quad core the evo LTE is coming with here it is. wasnt sure if you have read this one or not.

either way its pretty impressive

http://community.sprint.com/baw/thread/87943?tstart=0

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Highlighted
Wizard

Ummm, the S4 isn't quad core, only dual.

Highlighted
GrandMaster

thats what i ment...im blaming not enough coffee and fat fingers for that blooper lol

Highlighted
Sprint Product Ambassador

What arTim said.  The Qulacom chipset is more power efficient, just as fast in benchmarks and supports LTE on die, vs an addon chip.

Product Ambassador, long time Sprint employee
Highlighted
Journeyman

With a bonus of being much cooler (as much as I'm sure people love using their phone as a hand warmer). The slightly bigger internal battery and these change from Tegra should net some decent battery life. (Much better than the initial Evo 4G)

Highlighted
Journeyman

I can tell you the simple answer:

Tegra SOCs currently does NOT support LTE.

Highlighted
GrandMaster

Minionsz wrote:

With a bonus of being much cooler (as much as I'm sure people love using their phone as a hand warmer). The slightly bigger internal battery and these change from Tegra should net some decent battery life. (Much better than the initial Evo 4G)

which is why everyone was/is freaking out about the non removabale battery. once the phone is out the true world testing will point out if the battery and the s4 can handle the abuse or not

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat