cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why won't the media volume stay low?

Highlighted
Journeyman

Why won't the media volume stay low?

It seems that the phone always tried to normalize it's volume when I try to lower the volume to the media/speaker. If the tick marks are any lower than half way, the volume always boosts itself back to mid level, making listening to music and such annoying to the people in my surroundings. I can't seem to find any rogue program of such that could be doing this. Fully updated with latest android.

5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Master

What happens when you boot up in Safe Mode?

--
If my post or someone else's answered your question please mark it an Accepted Solution.

Keep in mind, like you, I am a Sprint subscriber. I am in no way employed by Sprint in any sense. I just know stuff.
Highlighted
Journeyman

No, I have not tried that but it wouldn't do me much good without my regular programs running.

Highlighted
GrandMaster

probably not...what it WILL do is show you if this is being caused by a 3rd party app you have installed or if its an issue with the phone itself.

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Highlighted
Master

Exactly. If it's a 3rd party app then you will need to contact the developer of the app to resolve the issue. If it's the phone itself then you have something to complain about to Sprint and/or HTC. Otherwise there's nothing they can do. But until we know what's causing it we can't come up with a solution to fix it.

Also, I'm not saying you have to leave it in Safe Mode indefinitely. Just boot to Safe Mode, have someone call your phone and see if it behaves the same or not. Perform the test a few times to verify that it does or does not behave the same. When your done, reboot the phone to exit Safe Mode and you will have all your apps available again.

--
If my post or someone else's answered your question please mark it an Accepted Solution.

Keep in mind, like you, I am a Sprint subscriber. I am in no way employed by Sprint in any sense. I just know stuff.
Highlighted
Wizard

EvoFusion,

Hey I'm just checking in.  Looks like you were given some good information.  Were you able to figure this out?

Dania

Social Media Team

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat