cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wi-Fi not connecting since update

Journeyman

Wi-Fi not connecting since update

I have a D-Link DIR-615. I also can not connect. I can connect to my school's Linksys routers, but not my D-Link.

Performed the following steps:

+Went to Settings>Wi-Fi>>Menu>Adavanced

+DLNA auto-IP was already deselected, but I toggled on & off anyways

+Deselected fast-boot from power settings

+Held down power button until phone reset

+Went to Settings> Backup & reset, then toggled the "backup my settings" option off & back on.

+Deleted my Google Account, reboot the phone via Long-Pressing power button.

+"Forgot" Wi-Fi connection then re-added. My phone still does not detect the Wi-Fi.

+Added my Google Account back.

+Removed power to router & then plugged back in.

I still can't connect to Wi-Fi.

To help track issue, everyone please list router brand, model, security settings/authentication method, and anything else that might be helpful, as well as troubleshooting steps taken. I'll try to update this periodically & add more details.

9 REPLIES 9

Re: Wi-Fi not connecting since update

TechGuy55,

Thanks for posting. I checked the issue that you are experiencing with one of the TEST phones we have here. We are able to conncet to multiple secured and unsecured Wifi networks.

On different routers; Linksys, D-Link and Belkin. I do apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused you. I would recommend you visiting a Service & Repair location http://bit.ly/L46GY8

Thank you,

George M.

Sprint Social Care Team

Journeyman

The D-Link DIR-615 router is the main router that will not connect to the EVO LTE after the 4.1.1 update.

Over on Android Central forums i was on a thread of bugs reported and many other people with the exact same router are in the same boat, D-Link DIR-615 routers are simply not showing up in WiFi.

I have a DIR-825 and that works just fine, as do 2 Netgear routers.

Also, the DIR-615 at my residence is what i used to download the update on the EVO LTE but after the update its not visible any more..

Its a BUG..

Highlighted
Journeyman

Thanks for the suggestion GeorgeELMSNY, but I have already called customer support and talked to a tech at a repair center. The extent of their help is basic troubleshooting steps then reset the entire phone. ...I can do that on my own without Sprint's help. Besdies, another Sprint user claims they did that and their issue persisted. Can you do testing with a Dlink DIR-615? Apparently several people have issue with this particular router.

http://forums.androidcentral.com/htc-evo-4g-lte/236059-jelly-bean-bug-wifi-not-seeing-some-routers.h...

http://forums.androidcentral.com/htc-evo-4g-lte/235464-dlink-router-wifi-issue.html

More on my router:

Hardware Version: E3

Firmware Version: 5.10

Will update with more setings later.

Journeyman

I found a temporary soulution to my problem. Apprently if I tell the Wi-Fi on my phone to look for 2.4GHz only, it connects properly.

Procedure:

1. Settings>Wi-Fi>Menu>Advanced>Wi-Fi frequency band>2.4Ghz only
  2. Turn off Wi-Fi
  3. Turn Wi-Fi back on

...GeorgeELMSNY, perhaps their is a bug where leaving the Wi-Fi frequency band on "Auto" doesn't check the 2.4Ghz band?

TechGuy55,

Thank you very much for following back up with me.

I appreciate you providing this information to me and the rest of the community members here. In the event that they are experiencing similiar issues, this workaround will help.

Your issue might be something that will be address with a firmware update in the future. I will forward your concerns to the correct people.

Thank you,

George M.

Sprint Social Care Team

Journeyman

Nothing but problems since in came to sprint. Burnt me on my rebate, raised my bill $20 per month to tether(I switched to sprint because it was includeded)); and now this update bs. sprint has lost my vote, awful company to be a part of.   :-(

Not happy.

renolj,

I definitely am sorry that you have had issues previously. Just to ask which price plan was tethering data included on, to my knowledge we have always been a separate charge for that service?

Thank you,

George M.

Sprint Social Care Team

Journeyman

For anyone who happen to be tracking my post, I called Sprint, who transfered my to HTC, who escalated me and hopefully I will be contacted with someone qualified enough to diagnose the specific issue to resolve. Hope to update soon.

Journeyman

Just called HTC back. Apparently they know about the issue and, of course, no details on if/when it will be fixed. :/

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Friday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat