cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WiFi issues

Highlighted
Journeyman

WiFi issues

I've been having problems with my Evo 4G LTE and my home wireless network recently. Whenever it connects to my home network, it knocks the entire thing offline (PCs, PS3, everything), and doesn't go online itself, while still saying it's connected with five bars. I've tried making the phone forget the connection, then reinputting it, and that didn't help. I've tried the troubleshooting option in Windows too, and that's not helping either. What am I doing wrong, and what can I do to fix it?

4 REPLIES 4
GrandMaster

Re: WiFi issues

the last time i heard of a incident like this it ended up being the router itself. a phone isnt strong enough to be able to pull off knocking out a routers abilities to send a signal to everything else. heck your PS3 has a stronger wifi antenna than the phone EVER could.

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Journeyman

Rainmaker89,

Thank you for the post. I would agree with Fireguy. It could be the router, I have that device also. Do you have these troubles if you use a different WiFi? Have you seen these troubles before? Hang in there.

Social Care,

Lamar

GrandMaster

the handful of incidents i have seen this it ended up being the router or something in its settings that was the actual cause..its been a few years since i have seen anything like this posted so i dont even have a guess on where the last one was posted about this and what was done to resolve it lol

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
GrandMaster

one other test they can do to insure its not their phone causing a epidemic and trying to take out the world web one by one is to go down to starbucks and hop onto their wifi..he/she wont even have to say anything since its a safe bet if everyone gets bumped off their wifi connection down there they will be in an uproar lol..easy test that will be amusing at the same time ...if it happens then just get up...walk out..and post what happened in here..if it DOESNT happen then you now have your answer..its not the phone.

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat