cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wishing the evo lte's camera had a date stamp

Highlighted
Journeyman

Wishing the evo lte's camera had a date stamp

I'm hoping it's just me and I can't find the setting to turn the date stamp on and you guys will point and laugh at me.  coming from the OG evo 4g and one of my favorite things about the camera was the date stamp, to me that is very impotant when you are snapping lots of pictures of your kids and vacations and stuff, you can easily see when the picture is from.  anyone else miss there date stamp?  I mean HTC went on and on about how great the camera is ( and it is very nice ) and you would think it would have date stamp.

13 REPLIES 13
Highlighted
Master

Nope, no date stamp at this time. It has everything else but. I hunted and hunted for that feature as well when I got the phone. Nothing, nada, ziltch.

--
If my post or someone else's answered your question please mark it an Accepted Solution.

Keep in mind, like you, I am a Sprint subscriber. I am in no way employed by Sprint in any sense. I just know stuff.
Highlighted
Master

Oh, btw, there are 3rd party alternatives in the play store. Not the same but they work pretty good.

--
If my post or someone else's answered your question please mark it an Accepted Solution.

Keep in mind, like you, I am a Sprint subscriber. I am in no way employed by Sprint in any sense. I just know stuff.
Highlighted
Patron

Can you please tell us what is the other 3rd party alternatives in play store ?? Hope and wishing had a date stamp SOON !!  I agree woth Drum4Life !!

Highlighted
Journeyman

I want a date stamp too! I was irritated to find this missing!

Highlighted
Journeyman

The only way you can find a date stamp is by scrolling on your gallery pictures with two fingers. You can then see the date when the pictures were downloaded or taken.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I know the information is on the file. I want the date and time the picture was taken to appear directly on the picture so that if the picture is printed there is no question about when it was taken. Also for work purposes I am required to use a camera with a time and date stamp feature. It is so much easier to use my phone than to lug around a camera just to have this basic feature! I have found a few apps that seem to have it. We'll see how those works but removing a basic feature is rather irritating and I still wish it were part of the basic camera app on the phone.

Highlighted
Journeyman

That's exactly how I fell WaughFive,  I also use mine for work a lot and the date on the picture is imortant to me. It is very irritating that they removed this option and as cameras on phones get better and better and more like point and shoot cameras ( maybe even better ) you would think it would be standard.  Did HTC just forget?

Highlighted
Master

Be sure to mention this at the following,

http://www.htc.com/us/support/email-support

I sent something along the following the other day and would encourage you to do the same,

To whom it may concern. While I really like all the new features added to the camera app I was disappointed to find that the Date Stamp was omitted from the app itself. I've always liked having the Date Stamp applied to the picture and used it religiously with the Original 4G EVO. I would be very happy to find it included within the upcoming MR that is currently being worked on by HTC and Sprint.

Thank you

--

Highlighted
Journeyman

Done! Thanks for the leg work on this.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Done here too!

smotrs wrote:

Be sure to mention this at the following,

http://www.htc.com/us/support/email-support

I sent something along the following the other day and would encourage you to do the same,

To whom it may concern. While I really like all the new features added to the camera app I was disappointed to find that the Date Stamp was omitted from the app itself. I've always liked having the Date Stamp applied to the picture and used it religiously with the Original 4G EVO. I would be very happy to find it included within the upcoming MR that is currently being worked on by HTC and Sprint.

Thank you

Journeyman

I would like the date stamp as well. It seems that the camera takes good pictures but some seem grainy and not as good as my OgEvo, especially when zooming in.

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat