Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

contact syncing ?

Go to solution
Highlighted
Journeyman

contact syncing ?

I have contacts that were transfered from old phone to my first android phone, however i transfered them before i logged in to my google account on my phone, so now i have have contacts that are not listed on my google contact page, when i look it up i only have 4 contacts added to my google, which i added those numbers after i logged in to my google account on my phone, so now how do i get my other contact backed up to my google account?

thank you

P.S: This is my first android phone so i might not know how to go around things, if you would kindly explain step by step, thank you.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Master

Re: contact syncing ?

Heres the People Display with Menu pulled down. Locate and select Manage Contacts in the middle,

7565824418_0013dff86b.jpg

Select Copy Contacts at the top as shown below,

7565824842_90b8c7f3d4.jpg

In the popup dialog shown below, select the phonebook you want to copy FROM, in your case the one that probably says Phone,

7565825058_25e63bea45.jpg

My Phone phonebook is empty, so I am unable to select it so I selected the Google phonebook so you can see the To display below. Simply select the Google phonebook on yours,

7565825224_bb09e25c11.jpg

You'll be presented with a confirmation that looks like the following, simply press OK.

7565999290_d8c8409097.jpg

--
If my post or someone else's answered your question please mark it an Accepted Solution.

Keep in mind, like you, I am a Sprint subscriber. I am in no way employed by Sprint in any sense. I just know stuff.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Master

Export the contacts from you device to the SD card.  When doing this it may give you the option of Google or Phone select phone.   Then import the contacts from the sd card back to the phone  it should ask if you want them to got to phone or Google  select Google.

Highlighted
Master

Try the following,

People > Menu > Manage Contacts > Copy Contacts

A popup window called Copy Contacts From will display. Pick the Acct that you want to copy from e.g. Phone. Then pick the Acct you want to copy to, e.g. Google. It will then copy all contacts fro mthe Phone to the Google acct and then Sync with the Google Servers.

After which, you can then delete the contacts from the second phonebook, most likely called Phone.

To see which phonebooks you have, while in People, simply press the Down Arrow in the upper left that says Phonebook.

--
If my post or someone else's answered your question please mark it an Accepted Solution.

Keep in mind, like you, I am a Sprint subscriber. I am in no way employed by Sprint in any sense. I just know stuff.
Highlighted
Master

Heres the People Display with Menu pulled down. Locate and select Manage Contacts in the middle,

7565824418_0013dff86b.jpg

Select Copy Contacts at the top as shown below,

7565824842_90b8c7f3d4.jpg

In the popup dialog shown below, select the phonebook you want to copy FROM, in your case the one that probably says Phone,

7565825058_25e63bea45.jpg

My Phone phonebook is empty, so I am unable to select it so I selected the Google phonebook so you can see the To display below. Simply select the Google phonebook on yours,

7565825224_bb09e25c11.jpg

You'll be presented with a confirmation that looks like the following, simply press OK.

7565999290_d8c8409097.jpg

--

View solution in original post

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat