cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

corroded usb port fiasco

Highlighted
Journeyman

corroded usb port fiasco

My evo 4g LTE had been acting up so I took it to Sprint to have them look at it.  Was told the usb port was corroded but the inside of the phone showed no sign of water damage.  Since I didn't have insurance it was not their problem.  I was given a card to a phone repair place and told to take it there.  So I did.  They looked at the phone and could not see any corrosion on the usb port.  Since the phone was unusable I deactivated it and activated my original evo 4g.  I called Sprint and talked to someone in advanced tech support about my problem and lack of support from the Sprint store I went to.  I explained that I had deactivated the LTE and acitvated the old evo 4g.  She talked to the supervisor and said they would send me a new evo lte since it was under warranty.  Problem solved! Wrong! The email I got about the advanced exchange listed  my original evo's serial number and they were sending me an original evo not an LTE.  I called them back and they agreed they were sending the wrong phone but they couldn't do anything to cancel it.  So just like the people who tried to cancel preorders I had to wait for the phone to arrive and refuse shipment and return to sender.  Of course I was at work when it was delivered so I had to go home get the phone take it to UPS and refuse shipment.  I then waited until the tracking info showed the shipment was refused and then called Sprint.  Sprint had to reavtivate my LTE to get the serial number and when she does a message comes up that the phone was flagged damaged beyond repair.  I was then informed that the store that flagged it as damaged should have given me a new phone because it was under warranty.  I had to take the phone to the store. She then input a message into the system for the store to take my defective phone and give me a new phone.  So I go to the store and they say I have to send the phone to HTC for warranty.  I have them read the message in their system and it says to replace the phone, nothing about me sending it to HTC.  Meanwhile  2 techs there examine the phone and can find no corrosion!  I am told the phone should not have been flagged as damaged beyond repair.  Imagine my surprise when they tell me they have no LTE's in stock.  But they can get me a refurbished phone for $35.  What a deal.

0 REPLIES 0
Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat