cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

horrible service

Highlighted
Journeyman

horrible service

I've been having horrible service (no data 3g or 4g LTE, dropped calls, GPS won't connect etc) so i replaced ny phone already because Sprint said that was the problem. Then I got the airave so I could at least use my cell at home. Now I moved & since my internet isn't hooked up yet Sprint is charging me $140 because the airave isn't connected. After a long phone call they reactivated it but still charging me the $140.  I'm about to just pay the early termination fee & change carriers because after a year my cell still doesn't work & the only option from Sprint is to buy another one at full price. I know I'm not the only one, a quick Google search shows many articles written that the EVO 4G LTE has been having these issues from the beginning.

11 REPLIES 11
Journeyman

Re: horrible service

We have 2 EVO LTEs and I'm not sure they would get reception standing near one of Sprint's towers, I know they don't in Houston.  When I first got the phones I though something might be wrong with them so I compared connection speeds with other friends' (not EVOs) standing right next to me and they had good coverage and the EVO was limping along with 1 bar and 4K data speed.  Of course now I don't know anyone who even has Sprint anymore because everyone has switched to other carriers because of the poor network.  Hopefully the S5 comes out sometime early next year so I can buy out of our contract and go the AT&T.

Journeyman

Talked to my friends on Sprint network that don't have EVOs (S4 & Note 2) neither have the problems that my cell does.  Sprint refuses to do anything, the customer service rep said they would credit me the airave fee but now I still have to pay it. Looks like I'm just going to pay them $140 to cancel the airave & $140 to cancel my contract.  It's nice how this is my first complaint in over 15 years & they could care less.

Wizard

Hey DANNYBOY2731,

Thanks for expressing your concern to us. Sorry to hear of your experience; we'd like to take a closer look at your issue.

Please send me a private message at your convenience. Ensure to include your Sprint phone number, security information (PIN or security question answer), and a link to this posting thread. This will allow us to communicate directly. Please allow up to 48 business hours for a response; we assist our clients in an orderly fashion. Thank you very much for all of your efforts!

Regards,

Giovanni R.
Sprint Social Care Team

Wizard

Hey gw_guerrilla,

We appreciate your concern as well and would like to give you a good reason to stay with Sprint.

Regarding our network, we're currently undergoing a change to enhance our overall service nationwide; customers may have service fluctuations during this process. When complete, you will notice a drastic improvement. Most of our upgrades are set to be completed within the upcoming months. If you can provide your cross streets and zip code, we'd be happy to take a look at your local network's progress. Thanks!

Regards,

Giovanni R.
Sprint Social Care Team

Journeyman

Giovanni,

Thanks for responding.  I only pick up LTE in area codes 77077 and 77024 if I'm elevated in a building near a window, at street level it's pretty much weak 3G.  At Beltway 8 and I-10 (City Center) there really isn't even phone coverage let alone data.  Hi-way 6 and I-10 it's only 3G as well.  There are a lot of other areas in Houston that I'm only getting weak 3G but these two area codes are where I spend a lot of time.

Thanks

Wizard

Thanks for the response, gw_guerrilla:

• Highway 6 and I-10 77024 shows only 3G present with 4G becoming available in the upcoming months.
  • Beltway 8 and I-10 did not pull anything in our data. Could you please clarify this address?

Regards,

Giovanni R.
Sprint Social Care Team

Journeyman

Gioman_9 I sent you a PM

Wizard

DANNYBOY2731,

Thanks for posting. I wanted to give you a heads up that Gioman_9 is out of the office today. When he returns, he will address your private message. That's of course, if he hasn't already responded. I see this post was created yesterday. I don't want you to think he's forgotten about you.

Thank You,

DePaul W.

Sprint Social Care Team

Journeyman

Gioman_9,

An address within a hundred yards of Beltway 8 and I-10 is:  800 Town and Country Blvd  Houston, TX 77024

As far as your coverage map saying the intersection of Highway 6 and I-10 is only 3G is interesting since Sprint's online coverage map shows 4G LTE for 50 miles or more in all directions from that intersection.  That begs the question, is Sprint dramatically overstating it's coverage?  From my experience the answer should be an emphatic yes.

Wizard

There may be some confusion with the "Highway 6 and I-10" location you've posted; the area pulls a 3G network in our internal records. Various areas pull up even with utilizing Google's "Google Maps" tool. So you can be clear about the area you need help with, perhaps you can provide the address of a point of interest nearby (mall, church, restaurant, etc.).

800 Town and Country Blvd  Houston, TX 77024 is showing to have 4G available with the surrounding 4G towers still being fine-tuned; other towers in that area are being replaced with new ones that are 4G capable.

Regards,

Giovanni R.
Sprint Social Care Team

Journeyman

Gioman,

Here is the GPS coordinates of Highway 6 and I-10:  29° 47.091', -95° 38.687'.

6 & 10 is about 5 miles to the west of the Town and Country Blvd address.

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Friday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat