cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

it won't turn on!!

Patron

it won't turn on!!

My EVO LTE won't turn on! I had plenty of battery and then I went to use it last night and it just wouldn't turn on or respond to anything. I tried charging it, but the light won't even come on. Someone help!

Tags (2)
2 REPLIES 2
Master

Re: it won't turn on!!

Make sure the phone is hooked to the charger and that you have a steady Orange light, about 15minutes or so. Then press and hold the Power Button and Volume Down button for as long as a minute plus.

There have been issues where the phone was fully charged and something drained in over night. As a result the phone shutdown to prevent a more serious issue. The button sequence is like a jump start to reestablish connection with the hardware so-to-speak.

--
If my post or someone else's answered your question please mark it an Accepted Solution.

Keep in mind, like you, I am a Sprint subscriber. I am in no way employed by Sprint in any sense. I just know stuff.
Journeyman

Re: it won't turn on!!

If your using the stock HTC charger that came with the phone, try to unplug the phone from the wall, wait a few seconds and plug it back into the wall. Then plug your phone in and wait a few minutes.

I have seen numerous times the stock HTC charger not work. After unplugging it and plugging it back into the wall socket it would work just fine..

If that fails then try a different charger..

If that fails press and hold the power button for 30 seconds and try the charger(s) again..

If that fails go to a sprint store for some serious phone help..

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat