cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

my phone won't send text messages while roaming

Journeyman

my phone won't send text messages while roaming

It keep saying undeliverable! how can i fixed this? Any setting i need to change?

6 REPLIES 6
Journeyman

Re: my phone won't send text messages while roaming

Assuming that you dont have texting while roaming or anything blocked on your account, these are some things that might cause this:

Incorrect number of digits entered. (or putting a 1 before the number)

SMS Restrictions.

Network outage.

International roaming.

International number not supported.

If that doesnt help, I might need a little more info. Are you trying to send regular texts or picture mail? Do you receive a text from 9230 with an error message? Can you recieve texts at all?

Journeyman

As far as i know, i do not have any restrictions in my account, It will happens even with ph # that does not have the 1 before the #, and im just trying to send regular text msg to phone # i have stored in my phone, not pic mail. And i don't get any text message back, just after a while trying to send the msg , in the notifications bar will have a msg with an exclamation mark inside a triangle saying undeliverable msg

Journeyman

what the msg says its "unable to send msg" not "undeliverable msg"

Highlighted
Journeyman

Ok, so try sending a message to your own number. If that doesnt work then you need to call sprint and ask to get transfered to tech support.

Journeyman

I have the same problem, or similar. It says it delivers the message, but it does not. I just use text+ to text while I'm roaming. I did an useless 30 MINUTES troubleshooting with sprint and they just said its not their fault but the company's they're roaming to.

Master

I would contact Sprint, see if there is any outages in your area. If messages aren't being sent, then chances are theres an outage near you preventing the connection.

--
If my post or someone else's answered your question please mark it an Accepted Solution.

Keep in mind, like you, I am a Sprint subscriber. I am in no way employed by Sprint in any sense. I just know stuff.
Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Friday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat