cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

not receiving calls

Journeyman

not receiving calls

so my evo lte is not recieving phone calls i went to sprint and they said 4 people came in with the same problem and they will let me know when its fixed so there is a outage in NC. Any one else had a problem with there ottorbox case?

169 REPLIES
Journeyman

Re: not receiving calls

I am in NJ and am also having a problem with my HTC Evo. Can't receive or make calls ever since this morning.

Master

Wow, how did we get from Not Receiving phone calls to Problems with Otterbox Case? 

--
If my post or someone else's answered your question please mark it an Accepted Solution.

Keep in mind, like you, I am a Sprint subscriber. I am in no way employed by Sprint in any sense. I just know stuff.
Journeyman

haha i just thought i would throw that in there to see if anyone else was having the same problems the ottorbox case is causing my phone to restart

Master

Yeah, I've actually heard that a couple times as well regarding the OtterBox. Not sure what people are doing other then taking them back and getting different cases.

--
If my post or someone else's answered your question please mark it an Accepted Solution.

Keep in mind, like you, I am a Sprint subscriber. I am in no way employed by Sprint in any sense. I just know stuff.
Journeyman

Same issues here in NC.  I upgraded two lines last week (both to Evo LTE).  Couldn't receive calls.  Talked with customer support, said they were defective so we brought them to store.  The store confirmed that it might be the case...so we got 2 new ones.  Still same problem.  I'm inside of my 14 day window and may drop sprint.

From what I'm reading it seems to be more of a software or network problem than an Evo LTE issue.  I would be happy to know that it's a recoginzed issue and that a fix will be out in a certain amount of time.  I haven't even seen recognition of the problems except by users on boards like this. 

Master

Several issues have been recognized, including the network issues some of these phones are having. Supposedly, allot of it is going to be addressed in  MR currently in the works.

--

Journeyman

This is good news.  Thanks for sharing.  I talked with Sprint today and there are no bulletins on this phone or notice that the rep could find.  Still seems weird to me that there isn't some sort of notice out yet. 

Do you know when this is targeted to be released?  My hope is that it happens in a few days.  I have until the 18th until my 14 day trial runs out.  I can't really give this phone a good go unless this comes out. 

Still debating on returning it...like the phone, but not receiving calls is a killer and I don't want to get stuck with a phone that doesn't work fully for months and months....

Journeyman

i was told it should be fixed on the 14th if i was u i would wait until then and if its not fixed return the phone. There is no need to pay for service that is not working right. thats another thing when i talk to sprint on the phone they say there is no problem with network but when i go to the store they say there is to me something is going on. why wouldent u let your customers know about the problem

Master

No, the admins on this site know an MR is in the works but not when it will be released.

--

GrandMaster

if im remembering right the otterbox has a sealed button that is making it REALLY easy to push against the on/off button..soon as its in your pocket or anything any slight pressure is already pushing against that button and presto...you just did the 10 second button hold to restart your phone lol.

bigballing34 wrote:

haha i just thought i would throw that in there to see if anyone else was having the same problems the ottorbox case is causing my phone to restart

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Highlighted
Wizard

amharh wrote:

Same issues here in NC.  I upgraded two lines last week (both to Evo LTE).  Couldn't receive calls.  Talked with customer support, said they were defective so we brought them to store.  The store confirmed that it might be the case...so we got 2 new ones.  Still same problem.  I'm inside of my 14 day window and may drop sprint.

From what I'm reading it seems to be more of a software or network problem than an Evo LTE issue.  I would be happy to know that it's a recoginzed issue and that a fix will be out in a certain amount of time.  I haven't even seen recognition of the problems except by users on boards like this.

Are you still not able to receive any calls at all or is it just occasionally not receiving calls? Also when you experience this do you still receive a missed call or voicemail? What does the caller hear on their end?

Community News

Please help us to keep our Community a positive laughing and helpful innocent space for all members cool.
Be sure to read our Rules & Guidelines and if you have any concerns surprised just send a private sealed message to @Seawolf or @A11ey, and we'll check it out!