cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

not receiving calls

Highlighted
Journeyman

not receiving calls

so my evo lte is not recieving phone calls i went to sprint and they said 4 people came in with the same problem and they will let me know when its fixed so there is a outage in NC. Any one else had a problem with there ottorbox case?

169 REPLIES 169
Highlighted
Journeyman

I called my phone repeatedly all day today and also on Friday before going to the Sprint store, it did not ring even once.  I don't think it will either.  Whereas, a worker right there with me with a flip phone received calls normally.  I left work and called it down the highway and it worked fine.  Not sure how it is related to a certain tower....it's wierd.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I had similar problem in Raleigh for first several days with evo LTE - Couldn't receive txt msgs or calls (but outgoing was fine) UNTIL I turned off my OLD evo and removed the battery.  Then started getting calls and sms just fine.  Then put battery back in and turned old phone on as experiment and it started missing calls again after a few minutes.  Turned it off again and problem went away.  Would love to sell my old evo, but think I need to run over it with my car instead just to make sure lte keeps working.  Anyway, after declining to hard reset phone and screw up google wallet at tech support request, I sorted this out on my own and then called tech back hoping that they could use the info to help someone else in similar spot.  at that time I was told they were aware of the issue and that for some reason their system is keeping the old evo "associated with (my) account" and they couldn't figutre out how to take it off other than perhaps acticating it with another number.  I think my car vs evo idea is better.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Was you old evo a 3D or OG EVO?  I have a 3D which is on, wonder if that is it?  Time to shut it off and see!!

EDIT::

Just checked it, it is already off....so much for that idea.

Highlighted
Journeyman

It's an OG evo.  Might try turning old one back on, hard reset, turn off and take battery out.  Then hands free activation ( I think that's what it's called) on new LTE again just to make sure (that's what the tech rep said they were supposed to tell people to do, but I didn't have to do that last part).  Worth a try maybe.  That said, sounds like Sprint is telling people that parts of NC hare caving capacity problems (but can't figure why only LTE would be messed up by it).

Highlighted
Journeyman

Well still no luck for me....I'm getting really close to my 14 day window (Monday).  For me the clock is ticking. I started calling customer service the day it started (day of activation).  For me the limit was 2 weeks, seems like a reasonable timeframe for response.  I wouldn't give my ISP or cable service that much time.  Two weeks is half a billing cycle with faulty service.  Crazy... I've been forced to start looking at other carriers in my area.  This has not been a good experience.  Seeing that it works elsewhere (other towers/areas) means that the issue and corrective action is not a mystery to Sprint. 

I tried pulling the battery from my OG Evo (old phone) and still no luck.  Will not receive calls.

I'm confused as noted above with the issue being related to a capacity issue.  It seems like it manifests itself 100% of the time with the Evo LTE and not even at a noticeable level (or very low occurrence) with other phones on the network.  Also, I find it hard to believe the capacity issue started the moment I activated my Evo LTE.  This is when my phone stopped receiving calls 100% of the time.  If it were a capacity issue I would have expected to have it seen previously.  I have turned off LTE and set to CDMA only, which has done nothing to help the issue.  Seems more like a compatibility issue to me.  If I'm lucky enough to not be able to connect to a Sprint tower (i.e, connect to Verizon on roaming) it works great.  Maybe if they shut down their towers it would all work and we'd be happy.  I don't care if I'm roaming, just care that it works. 

I have asked around locally, neighbors and such that have Sprint for now at least - are out of contract and a few use phone for business.  I mentioned they should not upgrade yet based on these issues and their dependency on the phone for work.  They too are beginning to search other carriers.  May make a move to someone else early next week based on resolution or at a minimum open communication of this issue/resolution - again it can't be a mystery as it's working elsewhere. 

As noted above on the timing of some upgrades, I can't believe anyone is willing to wait and pay for non-functioning service until the end of the year when perfectly good service exists with other carriers...  Also, my neighbors are not currently experiencing the "no incoming call" problem with their current antiquated phone, however knowing the problem and having to wait on upgrades because of a shoddy network has turned them and myself off a bit.  Anyway...

I am confused how a capacity issue would be isolated to the Evo LTE. 

Highlighted
Journeyman

anyone within the 14 day period should go ahead and return there phones im screwed and my 14 are up and still not able to use my evo lte. I was told by my local store in fuquay varina the 14th was the day it was going to be fixed so i am gonna go up there and have a nice little chat with the people up there if the problem is not fixed.

Highlighted
Journeyman

@bigballing34 - Please respond back if this isn't working for you by tomorrow.  I'm curious as to the success of June 14th fix.  I'll do the same. 

Highlighted
Journeyman

alright sounds good man

Highlighted
Journeyman

@ bigballing34.....which Sprint store in Fuquay, I know that they are both owned by individual owners, not Sprint.  I wonder what info they have and how they received it?

Journeyman

The one on judd parkway near krispy kreme. I have went in there 2 times and thats what they tell me its a known problem and it will be fixed by the 14th and there was nothing they can do. I told them when i talk to technical support they say there is no issue and to take the phone to the store and the lady in the store says tech support does not know anything. I might go in there today because it is the 14th and im tired of not being able to use my brand new phone.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I'll be looking forward to hear what they say.  They other store did not know what was causing my phone to do it.....said it was possibly my Google voice.

Highlighted
Journeyman

They said they do not know what was causing it? What did they tell u to do? This is some shady stuff going on it just dosent make sense why were getting all this differnt responses from sprint

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat