cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

not receiving calls

Highlighted
Journeyman

not receiving calls

so my evo lte is not recieving phone calls i went to sprint and they said 4 people came in with the same problem and they will let me know when its fixed so there is a outage in NC. Any one else had a problem with there ottorbox case?

169 REPLIES 169
Highlighted
Journeyman

The service rep that I spoke to yesterday did not give me a specific ticket number, he just told me that he filed a ticket to have network technicians look into the problem and took an alternate phone number so i could be called back.

Highlighted
Wizard

K-14 wrote:

The service rep that I spoke to yesterday did not give me a specific ticket number, he just told me that he filed a ticket to have network technicians look into the problem and took an alternate phone number so i could be called back.

I'm sending you a private message so I can get the ticket number.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Check your Mobile Data? I updated Profile the other day and I couldnt get my data turned on. Alot of error 79's(text errors). I can tell you what worked me for me, but it is super lengthy and not going to type if you have a resolution. Short story was I needed to do a ##786# and do a factory reset from there and let it go back through activation. Menu wasnt working for me. Sprint tried alot, moved my ESN to a new phone and back. They were stuck. The way home I tried the previous thing again, was able to get to the right menu and did the reset. everything is great now

Journeyman

Shane,

I am having this same issue in Fuquay Varina with a new EVO LTE.  I have not called customer service but have visited the stores.  Should I still call them to establish an issue with Sprint directly.  I plan on calling tomorrow.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I have the same problem in F-V and Willow Spring w/ EVO lte.  I too have spent 10hrs plus with various tech support people.  Multiple resets, etc.  They initially said that it had to be a phone problem and recommended that I take it to the Cary sprint store... which I did last night.  Despite my telling them numerous times that the phone works fine in some locations and not in others they continued to insist that it was the phone.  They did the same resets and sent me on my way.  I got to holly springs and had multiple people try to call me... same problem. I went back to the store and they seems rather upset that I came back and actually traded out my phone for a new one, even though I insisted that this seems to be a network problem and not the phone.  Yadda, yadda, yadda... same problem when I got home.

I spoke with tech support one more time and they finally seemed to get that this is not a phone problem.  She may have just been trying to get me off the phone, but she did say that she saw a network problem.  She said that she submitted a work order and that the problem should be fixed in 2 days.  We'll see.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I just spoke to customer service letting them know my specific areas of problems.  I STRONGLY URGE anyone with this problem to make it know to customer service tech support because they need to know in order to alert engineers of any issues.  She did not show any known issues other than capacity issues.....this doesn't seem to be what is causing my phone to miss the calls.  Make sure to let them know of the tower locations that you are showing as issues.  My tech said that changes to the towers are coming in August - September for many of the towers in our location for LTE upgrade and capacity upgrades.  I need a resolution before then. 

Highlighted
Wizard

markie2000 wrote:

Shane,

I am having this same issue in Fuquay Varina with a new EVO LTE.  I have not called customer service but have visited the stores.  Should I still call them to establish an issue with Sprint directly.  I plan on calling tomorrow.

Yes, I definitely recommend anyone experiencing issues to call in (888-211-4727) or contact one of the techs on the forums and we can help you troubleshoot and possibly create a network ticket to get these issues investigated and resolved.

Highlighted
Wizard

pelle005 wrote:

I spoke with tech support one more time and they finally seemed to get that this is not a phone problem.  She may have just been trying to get me off the phone, but she did say that she saw a network problem.  She said that she submitted a work order and that the problem should be fixed in 2 days.  We'll see.

I'm going to send you a private message to gather some information and monitor it.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I called them at tech support and did not get any additional resolve.  She did not confirm any issue here in the area but suggested that others call in if so.  I am about fed up with no incoming service because it is a business phone.  They need to get this resovled soon.  I need my phone.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I am having the same issue. People are calling and having to leave a voicemail to let me know that I missed their call. Also, there are times when I can hear a beep like I have another caller calling but when I look only the caller that I'm speaking with shows. Later after that call is over then I see the missed call. I never had these issues with my HTC EVO and I'm very disappointed this is happening especially since I've recommended that all my friends get this phone.

Another issue I'm having is the speaker phone quality. Everything is low and garbled. I can't hear people clearly and they can't hear me clearly. These issues need to be resolved or I may have to look into switching phones.....

Highlighted
Journeyman

Just called *2 and asked for the open ticket for the issue I have been calling about start June 9th and it is [...] CTMS ticket for the network. The rep told me to call [...] to talk to the tech support department. Called and talked to one of the techs and told him what the issue is and it is just the EVO LTE at my working having the issue. He said he is going to send it to the network engineers and have them do something called a dry run where a real life tech comes out with the type of phone having the issue and test the area. He did not know when the tech will do the test but they would call/text me after the tech has been out and give me an update of the finding.

Message was edited by: mapesy who removed private data

Highlighted
Journeyman

Just got a call form tech support saying my ticket was closed and no issue was found. Told the tech the issue was still happening and guess what they told me it was the phone again. Let the tech know the phone was just replaced on 6/20 and it was still having the same issue. So I got off the phone with that tech that did not want to help at all. Called [..] network support department and talked to one of the best people sprint has. Told the tech about the issue and she put me on hold and talked to the some of the other tech and said there is an issue in the Raleigh area they have been trying to have the network engineers look at but keep getting the same thing we are getting back that there is no issue. The tech reopened the ticket for the issue and has the manager for the call center working on the issue and the manager for the network in Raleigh. The tech is going to give me a call back tomorrow to give me an update and I will try and post on here as soon as I hear something back.

Side note can someone tell me why they put all ..... for the tech support phone number. It is a sprint number so why should I not be allowed to post the number?

Message was edited by: mapesy

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat