cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

not receiving calls

Highlighted
Journeyman

not receiving calls

so my evo lte is not recieving phone calls i went to sprint and they said 4 people came in with the same problem and they will let me know when its fixed so there is a outage in NC. Any one else had a problem with there ottorbox case?

169 REPLIES 169
Highlighted
Master

There was an article on Inside Sprint Now that kind of explained how all the  tech support numbers were being changed. Whta they want is for you to call into Customer Service first and if they can't help you, they will route you to tech support then Advancded Tech Support then Dan Hess himself. Problem is, it was getting to the point the majority of the calls were coming into tech support rather thn customer service. Not the first time they have done this.

Just joking about the Dan part, but you get my meaning.

--
If my post or someone else's answered your question please mark it an Accepted Solution.

Keep in mind, like you, I am a Sprint subscriber. I am in no way employed by Sprint in any sense. I just know stuff.
Highlighted
Journeyman

Pelle005, do you by chance use Google Voice for your voicemail?  One of the store reps tried to say it was this causing it, but I changed back to Sprint Voicemail and same issue. 

Highlighted
Journeyman

Markie2000, no I wasn't using Google voice.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Just got off the phone with Sprint network team. The tech I talked to for about a hour and half was able to find the root cause of the issue in Sanford. The tower in the middle of town is having a voice upgrade and the tower is on but only taking about 9-12,000 calls a day where the other tower are taking 80,000+ calls a day. The tech said upgrades should start to show about the first of July and by the end of Aug the tower could be back to 100% and the issue should be fixed. I hope he is right.

So after 12 days and two trips to the Cary repair center and a phone replacement they see that it is a tower issue. With all the information I have I call account services as they said they will credit my account for this network issue. First person I talked to said they will give me $25 per month for 2 month as that is how long the issue will be by the timeline of th upgrades. That amount does not even cover the time or gas I used to drive to Cary and on the phone with the sprint over the pass 12 days. So I asked to talk to a superior put on hold for a few minutes and was told the only thing he could do is give me the credit for 4 month. The superior just over talked me and would not let me talk about the issue and said they can only do the 4 months and said have a nice day and hung up. If one of the sprint reps that have been working this issue would be able to help with the billing issue of this ongoing issue send me a PM and I will give you any need information.

Highlighted
Master

At least you finally discovered the root cause. Just sorry it took do long for them to narrow it down. Just shows, you need to be persistent.

--
If my post or someone else's answered your question please mark it an Accepted Solution.

Keep in mind, like you, I am a Sprint subscriber. I am in no way employed by Sprint in any sense. I just know stuff.
Highlighted
Journeyman

This is the cause of every call not going through.... Consistently. I have doubts but hope it's true. I need some reimbursement for not receiving business calls.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Now, if they can just figure out why this is happening in Fuquay...

I'm a bit sketchy on a tower upgrade taking two months and would count my luck as pretty bad if that upgrade meant every single call into my phone, only while in Fuquay, was caused by reduced capacity at one tower.

Highlighted
Master

That would be something you would need to take up with Sprint Customer Service, no one on the forums can authorize that or make adjustments to your bill.

--

Highlighted
Journeyman

Finally got a chance to test my wifes EVO LTE, confirmed that hers also has THE SAME ISSUE!!  Sprint engineers need to take this seriously.  A new top of the line phone is not working on the network.....bring one on site, or I will bring one to you....

Highlighted
Journeyman

I wish they would take it seriously it seems like they think its a joke

Highlighted
Journeyman

Well, the good news is it's not just the EVO LTE with the problem, a whole host of other android phones are having the same problem in Fuquay.  Of course, it's still not fixed yet and there doesn't appear to be any end in sight.  Guess I'll call Sprint today and request some credit until it's fixed.  I'd rather not return the phone, but a phone that doesn't receive calls isn't worth much.

Journeyman

Just got a reply from sprint ticket support.  They are saying it is a capacity issue and "the estimated time of repair / completion of capacity upgrades is for July 13th."  I'll believe it when I here my phone ring at home.

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat