cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

not receiving calls

Highlighted
Journeyman

not receiving calls

so my evo lte is not recieving phone calls i went to sprint and they said 4 people came in with the same problem and they will let me know when its fixed so there is a outage in NC. Any one else had a problem with there ottorbox case?

169 REPLIES 169
Highlighted
Journeyman

Well, maybe that's good news.  However, I agree with you too.  I am a skeptic and will believe it when I see the Evo LTE ring. 

For what it's worth, I was told by two techs that it was not a capacity issue.  They mentioned they look at the tower's logs to determine the number of blocked and dropped calls. This helps determine if there is a capacity issue. I was told that the towers serving Fuquay experience these issues at less then 2%.  They mentioned that this was well within the "normal" range and as a result the issue is not capacity. 

Also, I switched a line back to the OG Evo and have absolutely no issues.  Everything works perfectly (with the exception of slow data).  The techs mentioned that if it were a capacity issue it shouldn't be specific to one phone model and happen 100% of the time for incoming calls (never recieved a call on the EVO LTE not one time).  However, now that I've switched to the OG Evo, I never seem to have any problems. 

Highlighted
Journeyman

@Shane_M - I know you've been tracking some of our tickets.  Can you help with any status update or clarification?  Thanks!

Highlighted
Journeyman

My point exactly, capacity issues are not a 100 percent block on a specific device.. They need to get out here and experience the issue or big red will get my business.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I just purchased this phone on June 23rd and have not gotten any incoming calls.  I have called Sprint customer service twice and nothing has been resolved.  I am considering switching to the Samsung Galaxy, does anyone have any experience with this phone

Highlighted
Master

Theres been reports of similar issues on the Galaxy III phone as well.

--
If my post or someone else's answered your question please mark it an Accepted Solution.

Keep in mind, like you, I am a Sprint subscriber. I am in no way employed by Sprint in any sense. I just know stuff.
Highlighted
Journeyman

Do you have the link? This would be handy.

Highlighted
GrandMaster

http://community.sprint.com/baw/thread/92214?tstart=0

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Master

Yep, that's one of them, thanks Fire.

--
If my post or someone else's answered your question please mark it an Accepted Solution.

Keep in mind, like you, I am a Sprint subscriber. I am in no way employed by Sprint in any sense. I just know stuff.
Highlighted
Journeyman

Thanks.

Highlighted
GrandMaster

no worries...thats the main one i spotted that is talking about data/reception issues..which from what i noticed mirrored the LTEVO (personally i think you need to copyright this before apple does lol)

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Highlighted
Master

lol, yeah, wouldn't put it past them. 

--

Highlighted
Journeyman

It looks like theirs is more of a reception issue, or programming. I don't receive any calls when in a town with good coverage. My wife has same issue.

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat