cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

not receiving calls

Highlighted
Journeyman

not receiving calls

so my evo lte is not recieving phone calls i went to sprint and they said 4 people came in with the same problem and they will let me know when its fixed so there is a outage in NC. Any one else had a problem with there ottorbox case?

169 REPLIES 169
Highlighted
Journeyman

Well, today I took my phone into a Sprint repair center. Initialy when I explained what my phone was doing, the repair tech rolled his eyes and updated my phone profile.... I looked at him and said; "Dont you think I've done that already?" Then after my phone updated itself, he then said; "Oh wait here is your problem, your network setting is set at CDMA/LTE". I then explained to him; No, I originally and always have my network setting set at CDMA only, it just recently changed to CDMA/LTE after you did the profile update. So as he messed around with some settings, he then told me to leave my phone with him and pick it up at 7pm (Ca. time).

So now Im at home waiting till 7. I am currious what, if anything, the tech can do to fix this issue. I'm crossing my fingers.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Unfortunately nothing I'm sure.  They are unable to figure out the problem or reveal its source.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I don't guess there's been any news?  I'm back on my original EVO - and receiving calls - but would much rather be back on the LTE.  The orginal just seems so clunky and old now.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Since I switched over from TMO, I've missed more calls within a month since I've switched over to Sprint.  I just hope people leave a message or send a text.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Well I figured out why I was not receiving calls and/or text, without the help of Sprint's techs. I started thinking about what exactly my phone was doing, which was not receiving calls and/or incoming text, but will only see these text and calls on Google Voice...... Then it clicked, if Google Voice is getting my calls and text, then they are getting through, so I uninstalled Google Voice, went online and deactivated my Google Voice/Sprint account, I waited the recommended 15 minutes to let the change to take place. I then factory reset my phone and "BAM!" I now get all my calls.

What was happening was, despite what settings I had Google Voice set at, it was intercepting all my incoming calls and text. I never had this issue with my OG EVO and EVO 3D.

My issue with Sprint was and is, that even when I originally had this problem, I brought up the possibility of Google Voice effecting my phone to the Sprint techs and they all clamed it was not the problem, and gave me the "Sprint supports and recommends Google Voice integration" speech. So it might work well with some phones, but Google voice definitely does not like my phone....lol.

Additional info regarding a 3rd party app that affected my phones performance in a negative way. After I fixed my Google Voice issue, my phone started tripping out on receiving text late, out of order, and/or receiving the same text numerous times (text bomb). Well, I discovered it was the app called "Flashlight Alerts" causing this issue. I also discovered most apps that are designed to intercept your text will have this affect on the EVO4LTE.

For those who are wondering, the Flashlight Alerts app is designed to make your LED Flash, flash in patterns when you receive a call and/or text. It worked great with my OG EVO and my wife's E3D....

I hope this info helps other people.  

Highlighted
Master

Hello and Thanks so much for your feedback on this issue.  I'm glad you were able to figure this out and I will forward this information to our process owners to have it added as a trouble shooting step for not receiving inbound calls/texts.  I will mention that since you hard reset your phone, it's possible that Google Voice by itself wasn't the problem but instead, overall corruption during the intergration.  My point is, since you know how to fix it, it may work properly now if you try again.  Let us know the results if you try GV again. 

Thanks for using Sprint.com Communities,

Tom

Highlighted
Journeyman

Yes, the GV issue has been addressed before and has fixed some of those problems, however the problem several of us are having (or the entire town of Fuquay) is that the only time we can't receive calls is when we're in Fuquay.  Everything else works - it just won't receive a call.  Drive 10 miles down the road and the phone receives calls.

So, unfortunately, our problem isn't fixed by the GV issue.  I've tried.

Highlighted
Journeyman

GV is not the issue in Sanford. The issue is with Sprint. I have the EVO LTE and my Co worker has the new S3 and we both will not receivie phone calles in Sanford. Put the old EVO that we both had before upgrading work fine in Sanford. All Sprint and get the say they are upgrading a tower in the area and that is why we do not get incoming calls. How long does it take to upgrade a tower because it has been over 45 days and have not got one call in this town.

Issue is not the phone as can go to Cary to the repair store and works fine, also when on an Airave access point sprint sent me two years ago for issue in my home it will get incoming calls.

Going to call Sprint again and see if there is an update for the area.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Same here, Airave and other areas are fine.  No service in Fuquay.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Not recieving calls, or text, here in Austin.The only time i recieve text is if i call out with my phone. I hate to have to call random people to get a text message. Is google voice handling all the phone calls on the EVO 4G LTE? My phone has been like this for a week, I called Sprint and the Service tech said it was the towers being upgraded and would call me back today to see if it had been resolved...It hasn't, obviously! I may just try what WUESTSIDER did and hope for the best...

Highlighted
Journeyman

If you did not convert your voicemail to Google voice manually, then that is not the issue.  The Google Voice issue does not happen every time it is used either.  In my case, I am using Google Voice but I do not receive calls on certain towers.  Others are just fine.....not a Google voice issue.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Still nothing in parts of Holly Springs and Fuquay. I went to Atlantic Beach this weekend, and the phone worked great until I hit Wake County coming home. Bummer.

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat