cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

not receiving calls

Highlighted
Journeyman

not receiving calls

so my evo lte is not recieving phone calls i went to sprint and they said 4 people came in with the same problem and they will let me know when its fixed so there is a outage in NC. Any one else had a problem with there ottorbox case?

169 REPLIES 169
Highlighted
Journeyman

Correct.  It's phone related in that I can't receive calls (nor, apparently, can any of their new LTE phones) while in Fuquay.  It's tower related in that driving 10 miles down the road the phone receives calls - presumably connected to different towers.

Highlighted
Journeyman

As of this morning, the updates didn't fix anything for those of us in Fuquay.  Tried it.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Does Google Wallet now work with that update?

Highlighted
Journeyman

Don't use Google Wallet, couldn't tell you.

Highlighted
Master

Yes Google Wallet works. You can discuss the update changes in the following thread, including the change to Swype. 

http://community.sprint.com/baw/message/446228#446228

--
If my post or someone else's answered your question please mark it an Accepted Solution.

Keep in mind, like you, I am a Sprint subscriber. I am in no way employed by Sprint in any sense. I just know stuff.
Highlighted
Master

Bummer. What has Sprint been saying about it? Have you contacted Shane_M, 14Knight or Raylitherland67? They have been helping diagnose the tower problems where Customer Service may not be able to see it.

--
If my post or someone else's answered your question please mark it an Accepted Solution.

Keep in mind, like you, I am a Sprint subscriber. I am in no way employed by Sprint in any sense. I just know stuff.
Highlighted
Journeyman

Back to my OG Evo, sure enough, rings like a champ.

Highlighted
Journeyman

so my husband went out of town and on day 2 of his trip his phone dropped a call, and now has no phone calling or receiving, and no texting abilities. i called sprint with my husband on the landline from his hotel, after an hour onthe phone, still not working. they said all towers inthe area were working, so that is not the issue. these are the steps they had us do:

############

msl: #########

scrtn menu reset

when that didnt work, the they had us d the following:

###########

edit mode

mdn: (your 10 digit number)

msid: ######### (home area is stockton, california)

then "ok"

accept modifications

then menu, settings, updates, update profile

still did not work. they said there IS a KNOWN ISSUE with the Evo 4g LTE

Message was edited by: dshoem01 - removed personal information

Highlighted
Journeyman

his phone shows a full signal, but no phone connectivity, even with the print zone diagnostic tools. interenet is not affected. so they gave him  a work order and told him to take the phone into a sprint store

Highlighted
Journeyman

I too live in Fuquay and can't receive calls on my Evo LTE. No voicemail either.

Highlighted
Journeyman

The latest i heard was they are making the towers stronger and it will be done in a few weeks but i have heard this for a month so there is no telling when they will fix this problem.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I am having the same issues. I am on my second Evo LTE and still am not recieving calls and/or text. I live in Rancho Cordova (Sacramento), CA. My Wife has the Evo 3D and gets every call and text where my nice pretty advanced "Paper Weight" cant get a call or text if my life depended on it. I'm tired of hearing the Towers bull crap too. When I was dooped into purchasing the OG Evo, I was told its the phone to get, its 4g capable. They just forgot to tell me Sacramento will never get 4g..... "Good looking out Sprint".

It also appears Sprint will not be upgrading the towers here in Sacramento till 2013.... Really? This should be considered fraud, a company knowingly selling a device which is not compatable with thier current network.... I mean, I hold my part of the contract by paying my bill every month, but Sprint cant keep up it's half of the contract when a phone cant even do the basic function as to recieving calls and/or text. 

In the morning I am contacting our local news chanel who does a weekly expose on companies who sell defective merchandise. We need to get it out to the public, "DONT PURCHASE ANY 4G LTE PHONES FROM SPRINT, they dont work..... Not that this will help anything, but I am atleast going to try and get my bill reduced. Why be charged for something that cant do what it was designed to do?

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat