cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

not receiving calls

Highlighted
Journeyman

not receiving calls

so my evo lte is not recieving phone calls i went to sprint and they said 4 people came in with the same problem and they will let me know when its fixed so there is a outage in NC. Any one else had a problem with there ottorbox case?

169 REPLIES 169
Highlighted
Journeyman

Also from Fuquay and I am having the same problem with my samsung epic 3. No one at sprint knows anything.

Highlighted
Journeyman

20,000 views and still no news/update/fix/incoming calls.

There's a "Hello, McFly??" comment to be made to Sprint in here somewhere.

Highlighted
Journeyman

At&T just lowered the price of the One X. If they don't resolve this very soon I'm going there and they lose out. I have 3 lines and ill move all of them.There is no excuse for this horrible service. Releasing a phone that will not receive calls on towers for whatever reason. I was told by the last representative that no credits were issued until problem was resolved, even when I told them others are getting credit. I've had enough. 

Highlighted
Journeyman

After 3 hours on the phone today, too...I am done. How can they give you a credit when they don't acknowledge there is a problem - exactly why they are not acknowledging a problem. When I spoke to the cancellation department, Gary (ID: G80064823) stated I had a service contract. I asked how can it be a contract if I was not getting service? Prior he even agreed that not receiving phone calls equalled not getting service.

I, too, am going to contact 5 on your Side. I recommend everyone start calling/contacting whoever. Apparently, I get the joy of spending $350 plus tax if I want to cancel this alledged service agreement, again what service?????????

I've wasted time, aggravation, health issues, and still can't receive a single call in the Fuquay area. For all the folks that say they have tickets out......according to Sprint today, there are no known issues nor are there any open tickets. So they are not being forthwright with you. Just like the store on Judd Parkway was nor forthwright with us. On July 4th when we got this phone, he told me that it would work in two days. So AGAIN I have a service contract with no service based on an alleged contract that is not even meeting any verbal obligations that was given. Sounds an awful like fraud to me. Selling something with a contract that you cannot live up to is FRAUD.

Ugh!

Highlighted
Journeyman

It was the  exact thing for me but i I was lucky enough that it was the second tech on my first call. I'm now getting 4g lte in my town and most of the Towns around me and I'm 40 minutes away from Chicago I'm not sure what sprints deal is but other than spotty 3g which is much better now and a few dropped calls I'd have to say I'm very happy with sprint

Highlighted
Journeyman

I'm having a similiar issue. I was due for an upgrade and my gf wanted to join my plan. We added to Evo 4G LTEs to our plan. Within the first 24 hours both worked ok. I was on the phone at work (Pine St. Corning, NY) and a I experienced a dropped call (first one EVER on Sprint). ThenI redialed and the call dropped again. The third time I called as I was looking at the screen when I pressed the green call button I had 3 bars of Sprint service, then when the call button was hit it switched to roaming at full bars. Most times I cannot make calls. So far no problems receiving calls. Did the online support chat and couldnt get problem on my phone fixed. My girlfriend's phone had a similiar issue as well. Called tech support after chat tech couldn't fix issue. Tech walked me through codes and prl, and profile etc. Seemed to fix issue for both phones. Within 24 hours my phone started doing the same thing as before. My girldfriend's phone works fine. I'm hoping its not a hardware issue. I love the EVO 4G LTE I dont want to get another phone, but I need to make calls (And send texts).

Highlighted
Journeyman

I just got 2 phone calls-and I am in my house in Fuquay!!! Everyone near Fuquay try calling yourself!!!

Highlighted
Journeyman

I, too, seem to be receiving calls now.  Good news, maybe.

Highlighted
Journeyman

This sounds like awesome news..... I hope it stays. I'm not there tonight but will check tomorrow. Any change in data speeds?

Highlighted
Journeyman

Same data speeds here, but I've been getting over 1 mbps since I got the new phone

Highlighted
Journeyman

What???????  I haven't seen those speeds since 4G on the Evo 3D....how is that possible?  I'm in Fuquay daily and it is worse there than anywhere around Raleigh.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I am in Carriage Heights off Wagstaff, and the tower I am running off is the water tower on Jones St.

I ran a speedtest this morning and got this:http://img707.imageshack.us/img707/2807/screenshot2012080807430.png

My all time best was actually a week ago, but it was early, and there was little network traffic:

http://img213.imageshack.us/img213/9813/screenshot2012080807434.png

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat