cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

not receiving calls

Highlighted
Journeyman

not receiving calls

so my evo lte is not recieving phone calls i went to sprint and they said 4 people came in with the same problem and they will let me know when its fixed so there is a outage in NC. Any one else had a problem with there ottorbox case?

169 REPLIES 169
Highlighted
Journeyman

ok so heres the latest they are working on the problem and the best part is they do not know when its going to be fixed so the 14th i was told was just a damn lie..... just great

Highlighted
Journeyman

Confusing stuff.....  One store says they know the problem exists and that Sprint is working on a fix (although they also said fix was coming today...), another says they know nothing of it (yet when they activate a phone it must not work - that was my experience.  I was told it takes time for programming to replicate), and tech support on the phone doesn't seem to know much about it (which is weird to me given the number of google hits on this issue - they told me the phone is too new to have a bulletin.  Which I don't understand.  Their bulletin system is in place, there's obviously numerous people with problems, etc). 

I'm hoping that a Sprint rep can jump in here.  If a problem is known and they are working on a fix, then a work order or equilivant must exist.  If a work order exists, it must be scheduled with a delivery date.  If these things do not exist, then there is no way they are working on the problem.  If it does, I'm asking for some open communication from Sprint....

Questions:

1. Is the problem recogized?

2. Are the issues being actively addressed?

3. Is the root cause known (must be as other areas are working for some folks)?  Clearly, Sprint knows how to make these things work, it can't be just dumb luck.

4. How can we find out the delivery date of a fix?

5. How are customers compensated for lack of service over significant portions of their billing cycle?

Highlighted
Wizard

bigballing34 wrote:

The one on judd parkway near krispy kreme. I have went in there 2 times and thats what they tell me its a known problem and it will be fixed by the 14th and there was nothing they can do. I told them when i talk to technical support they say there is no issue and to take the phone to the store and the lady in the store says tech support does not know anything. I might go in there today because it is the 14th and im tired of not being able to use my brand new phone.

I would recommend waiting on going to the store, I reached out to that store and spoke with the lead tech and the manager and got some additional information regarding the information they advised you of. It appears there was originally some miscommunication regarding the original outage, I'm trying to clear it up and looking into it. There appears to be multiple people from the Fuquay area reporting this so it sounds like it's network related.

Highlighted
Wizard

adam1492 wrote:

Confusing stuff.....  One store says they know the problem exists and that Sprint is working on a fix (although they also said fix was coming today...), another says they know nothing of it (yet when they activate a phone it must not work - that was my experience.  I was told it takes time for programming to replicate), and tech support on the phone doesn't seem to know much about it (which is weird to me given the number of google hits on this issue - they told me the phone is too new to have a bulletin.  Which I don't understand.  Their bulletin system is in place, there's obviously numerous people with problems, etc). 

I'm hoping that a Sprint rep can jump in here.  If a problem is known and they are working on a fix, then a work order or equilivant must exist.  If a work order exists, it must be scheduled with a delivery date.  If these things do not exist, then there is no way they are working on the problem.  If it does, I'm asking for some open communication from Sprint....

Questions:

1. Is the problem recogized?

2. Are the issues being actively addressed?

3. Is the root cause known (must be as other areas are working for some folks)?  Clearly, Sprint knows how to make these things work, it can't be just dumb luck.

4. How can we find out the delivery date of a fix?

5. How are customers compensated for lack of service over significant portions of their billing cycle?

The store I spoke with who bigballing34 stated he visited spoke with technical support and was advised of an outage which was for a different issue unfortunately, I apologize for the confusion. If anyone else is experiencing this I would strongly recommend calling into technical support (888-211-4727) and going through troubleshooting and having a network ticket created for you, the more reports of this we receive the faster we will be able to identify the issue and address it.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Not just in New Jersey.  I live in Indiana, close to Chicago.  Everyone I know with Sprint (not just EVO users) is having issues with no signal, no incoming calls, dropped calls etc.  Have been having trouble for over a month. Tech reset my data profile.  Zip.  Suggested I have phone checked.  Did that.  Again, Zip.  Keep getting the standard response, "Sprint is working on towers to enhance your experience."  Since when does making something worse enhance my experience?  I have a business.  This is costing me a fortune.  I notice that for the month or month and a half that they have been "enhancing my experience", no one has suggested enhancing my bill!!!!  Don't think a new phone is going to help.  Maybe a new carrier?  I do have an EVO.  If anyone has any suggestions, other than chucking my phone into a bean field, I'm open to trying almost anything.  (Actually, think the bean field idea may be THE plan. )

Highlighted
Journeyman

P.S.  If you're not getting any service and are considering switching carriers, but are concerned about having to buy out of your contract, there is precedence for cancelling service and NOT being made to buy out.  Since your contract with your carrier is a two way relationship, you may be able to cancel based on the carrier breaching their part of the contract by not providing what you agreed to pay for.  Just sayin'.

Highlighted
Master

Not sure if it will help any, but a buddy who bought the phone the same time as another friend and myself was complainging to me this morning about the signal being really low, going in and out of roaming, not being able to download because the connection was so bad. I think his exact words were, "**** this phone."

After looking at his phone I noticed he had the location settings disabled,

Settings > Location

Google's Location Service - Turned it ON

Location Setting - made sure it ws ON

GPS Satellites - Turned it ON

After which, his signal became noticeably better and he was able to hold a connection.

Won't do anything if there is an issue with the network, but in his case, it was the phone it seems.

--
If my post or someone else's answered your question please mark it an Accepted Solution.

Keep in mind, like you, I am a Sprint subscriber. I am in no way employed by Sprint in any sense. I just know stuff.
Highlighted
Journeyman

Thanks, so much.  Got all excited when I saw your potential fix.  Dropped what I was doing and made sure the settings were as you suggested.  Weird.  Had a "flash" of 6 bars, then flatlined again.  Tried rebooting, doing profile and url updates and so on.  Still nada.  ;(

Highlighted
Master

Well, it was worth a shot.

--
If my post or someone else's answered your question please mark it an Accepted Solution.

Keep in mind, like you, I am a Sprint subscriber. I am in no way employed by Sprint in any sense. I just know stuff.
Highlighted
Journeyman

So...still not working for me as of Monday.  After a few hours (~10-15 hours) of calls with Sprint over the last 2 weeks (which has been a fairly pleasant experience with their personnel just taken a large amount of my time and been a huge hassle), we've determined it not to be a capacity issue.  There are next to no blocked calls in our area (>2%), problems are not experienced on outgoing calls, etc.  As soon as I go south it worked as closely as Fayetteville.

The phones will not receive calls in Lillington, Fuquay Varina, Sanford, Garner, Holly Sprints, parts of Apex, etc. 

It looks like an issue with the network that is prevalent in our area.  Unfortunately, I never heard that it was known as to why it was happening or when it'll be fixed.  Could be months if ever...

I went ahead and returned my LTE's and will try the Galaxy 3 (thought is that maybe it's a compatability issue with the phone on our local network).  I'll check with the local store to see how their activations are going before renewing.  If these do not work, then it'll be kind of tough to stick around with a service that won't receive calls.  I spoke with reps at a few local stores and they said they "have had a ton of these phones come back".  This is the story at multiple stores across the area. 

It is recommended for anyone experiencing this to call in and get a network ticket opened up.  I wouldn't bother with the resets and such...  The more tickets that are open on this the more attention this will get.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I also have not been able to recieve incoming calls or text messages. After contacting support and getting a ticket created, customer service told me that they would call me back within 48 hours. If this issue is'nt resolved by Friday i will be going to the nearest store and either 1). getting a free replacement phone that works or 2). cancelling my contract ( that I've only had for about 3 weeks) and taking my business to another provider.

Highlighted
Wizard

K-14 wrote:

I also have not been able to recieve incoming calls or text messages. After contacting support and getting a ticket created, customer service told me that they would call me back within 48 hours. If this issue is'nt resolved by Friday i will be going to the nearest store and either 1). getting a free replacement phone that works or 2). cancelling my contract ( that I've only had for about 3 weeks) and taking my business to another provider.

Would you mind posting your ticket number or sending me a private message with your ticket you had created for you please? I would like to monitor it as well.

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat