cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

not receiving calls

Highlighted
Journeyman

not receiving calls

so my evo lte is not recieving phone calls i went to sprint and they said 4 people came in with the same problem and they will let me know when its fixed so there is a outage in NC. Any one else had a problem with there ottorbox case?

169 REPLIES 169
Highlighted
Wizard

If anyone has any open network tickets I would be glad to check on an update for you you can either post the ticket number here or send me a private message with the ticket number. If you are experiencing issues and have not contacted technical support (888-211-4727) for assistance I would definitely recommend contacting technical support and having a network ticket created.

Highlighted
Journeyman

When I asked them for a ticket #, she said one wasn't necessary for this request. No one ever seems to have a clue about this issue. I may switch to Verizon and get Galaxy III.

Highlighted
Journeyman

If their so called capacity upgrade works its because of an upgrade or change in technology. All LTE device problems shouldn't be cause from a capacity issue. Your OG EVO will work guaranteed.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Shane_M I posted my ticket number and it was *** out my a admin. When I call the technical support they will open a ticket and call and leave me a VM as the phone does not receive incoming calls and text me. I call them back at the number in the text and they tell me that there is no network tower outage/issue in my area and close my ticket. If you look back in the discussion post I was able to get a tech to look at the towers and was able to find a tower have a voice upgraded and he said that was in the issue in the Sanford area.

The issue I have is that if it was a tower issue like they are saying way is it that other sprint phones at my work are able to receive incoming calls and it is just the EVO LTE that will not here. From what I have read the phone has a new type of chip/antenna so 3G and 4G are on the and same chip/antenna where wixmax phone has a 3G chip/antenna and one for 4G/wixmax and one the the techs said that is why the old EVO would work where the new EVO LTE would not. Not sure how ture that is but the tech did say he has seensound like he had run in the issue a lot with the EVO LTE.

Any help would be great. Sprint told me the issue would be fixed soon and now my 14 days have long and passed and it is getting to the point where I will have to do like other here and more to new cell phone company and do not want to have to do that as I have been with them for over 7 years and hate move on but will have to if it is not fixed soon.

Highlighted
Journeyman

This is exactly what I did.  I couldn't take the no incoming calls, anemic data speeds, low signal/service, and most importantly lack of response and information on this issue.  Also, I heard that lte isn't scheduled to be in our area until maybe middle of next year (possibly over 1 year away).  Apparently, my ticket was closed.  I preordered a galaxy s3 from big red (new family share plan) last week and expect to be set up early next week.  I didn't really go into the upgrade to EVO Lte fiasco planning on leaving Sprint, but in the end I just couldn't stick it out...

markie2000 wrote:

When I asked them for a ticket #, she said one wasn't necessary for this request. No one ever seems to have a clue about this issue. I may switch to Verizon and get Galaxy III.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I've taken my phone is twice to sprint because I get my text 48 hrs later  voicemail 24 hrs later and phone call don't come in. I live in Long Beach CA. and it really sucks when you use your phone for daily activities. To top it off they wanted to charge me 35 bucks to take a look at my phone when it is not even 6 months old. I have no idea what to do because your paying for service your not even getting and I need my phone for work.

Highlighted
Master

Be sure to PM Shane_M directly. This thread is getting really busy, so he may miss your posts. Also, the Ticket number cna be linked to personal information which is probably why the Admin's deleted it from your post. So be sure to PM the info to Shane_M as well.

--
If my post or someone else's answered your question please mark it an Accepted Solution.

Keep in mind, like you, I am a Sprint subscriber. I am in no way employed by Sprint in any sense. I just know stuff.
Highlighted
Journeyman

Updated PRL, software update, still no incoming calls.  I did notice today that as long as I'm on a call (while in Fuquay), I will get incoming calls.  Everytime.

So, I need to always be on a call while I'm home to make sure I receive incoming calls.  Not particularly convenient.

Highlighted
Master

Yeah, I can understand that. Who wants to be on a call all day long. 

On the bright side, an update was released this morning, see if it helps with the issues,

Settings > System Updates > HTC Software Update

--
If my post or someone else's answered your question please mark it an Accepted Solution.

Keep in mind, like you, I am a Sprint subscriber. I am in no way employed by Sprint in any sense. I just know stuff.
Highlighted
Journeyman

Yep, had already tried it - both the PRL updated and the software updated.

Highlighted
Master

So is this only happening in Fuqay(sp)? If so, it could be tower related rather then phone related.

--

Highlighted
Journeyman

Has anyone tried installing the new system update that is available?  Has it restored incoming calls in Fuquay? 

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat