cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

sync not working since 3.16.651

Go to solution
Journeyman

sync not working since 3.16.651

I cn not longer sync my contacts and calendar with Outlook since 3.16.651 update was installed.  Is there a change in the desktop software needed.  I use the sync manager and not the media manager as I only want to sync/backup all my contacts and calender entries.  Now the phone is never recognized by the program since the update.

6 REPLIES 6
Master

Re: sync not working since 3.16.651

Is this through an Exchange Server? It's possible that Exchange just hasn't been updated yet to include the new Syncing protocols introduced on the Jelly Bean update. Used to happen to me all the time before I stopped allowing it to sync.

--
If my post or someone else's answered your question please mark it an Accepted Solution.

Keep in mind, like you, I am a Sprint subscriber. I am in no way employed by Sprint in any sense. I just know stuff.
Journeyman

No exchange server is involved.  This is simple outlook, but I dot not use outlook for email only to sync my contacts and calendar with my phone.

Master

Then it could be that the phone now uses MTP exclusively. Previously, the phone supported both UMS and MTP but in the past update, they removed the USM functionality. It seemed to break compatibility for allot of people who's PC's, cars, or other that don't have support for MTP.

See if there is an update for MTP for your system. You may also want to go to your drivers section and remove all the HTC related drivers and then connect your phone so it can find the new correct drivers.

--
If my post or someone else's answered your question please mark it an Accepted Solution.

Keep in mind, like you, I am a Sprint subscriber. I am in no way employed by Sprint in any sense. I just know stuff.
Highlighted
Journeyman

I have updated the drivers and htc sync manager does see my phone and wants to sync music and photos, but I have no interest in syncing music and photos.  I just want to sync contacts and calendar with outlook.  Based on other posts in this forum I am not the only one having this problem.  Either HTC or Sprint or both is not being responcive to user concerns.  HTC sync manager just updated to a new version on my PC and It still does not offer syncing for contacts or calendar.  Only the HTC Sync program will do that, but it does not recognize the phone anymore.

Master

Probably has to do with the whole UMS to MTP change that took place. It's looking like we may have to wait for an update of either the Phone or the HTC Sync software.

Hopefully something comes soon.

--

Journeyman

I have been able to successfully sync to my laptop but not to my desktop.  The key issue to me appears to be that I had to make Outlook the default mail app.  I removed all HTC apps.  Downloaded the latest sync manager, made oultook my default mail app and I can sync to my laptop which uses MS Office 2010 Pro.  My desktop uses Office 2003. but the HTC website indicates that 2003 is supported.  Both computers are heavy duty, high performance, Win7 x64 systems with lots of RAM and HD space.  I do not use Outlook for mail,  I am a Thunderbird user on my computers.  I have not done anymore work on trying to get the desktop to work since I had other priorities and I now have my contacts and pictures backed up which was the key issue.  I also do not use the gmail app on the phone even though all my mail is in gmail.  There is one stupid, IMHO, feature that can be turned off on the web, but not on the phone and that is conversation mode.  I hate that mode.  I can never find old messages that I need with that feature.I use the HTC mail app which works great.

Jim Nealand

Kennesaw, GA

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat