cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

tower problems or something

Journeyman

tower problems or something

I have an evo 4g lte..and for some reason around 5 00 everyday rhe internet speed is super slow until 2 to 3 am..its super fast. What's the deal with that? I's there something wrong with the towers in my area or what?

4 REPLIES 4
Master

Re: tower problems or something

It could be that they have ALLOT of users on them during those times. The rest of the day, people are probably on differnet towers due to being at work. It could also be that other towers are being worked on and that tower is having to take up some of the slack.

Post your Zipcode and nearest corss streets so an Admin can look it up and see what's going on.

--
If my post or someone else's answered your question please mark it an Accepted Solution.

Keep in mind, like you, I am a Sprint subscriber. I am in no way employed by Sprint in any sense. I just know stuff.
Journeyman

And that shouldn't be a problem where there is too many people on the tower huh? I think that should be fixed

GrandMaster

that would be peak hours of usage. more often than not between say 9am and 6ish pm more people will be using their phones..which is why you see a jump in speeds late at night..not many people on them..currently the only fixes are bandaide fixes until they get the Network Vision upgrades to your area

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Master

The problem is there's a couple different issues that could be at play. For instance, if there is any work going on toward the NV upgrade in your area the tower your seeing could be receiving all the other users in the meantime. As a result, the tower is reaching capcity and will continue to behave as such until the other towers upgrades are completed. Another issue is that the towers in your area could just be old and don't have enough capacity to begin with and when everyone gets home at the end of the day your seeing the outcome. Might not have been an isuse when the tower was first put in but over time it could have developed.

The NV upgrades should address this as well when they occur. However, this is all speculation as I don't have access to the tower information so I am unable to tell personally. But hopefully one of the admins will take your information and check it out.

BTW, if that's your actual address, could you remove it and only post only the nearest cross street for security? Like Ballard Rd & S 21st St.

--
If my post or someone else's answered your question please mark it an Accepted Solution.

Keep in mind, like you, I am a Sprint subscriber. I am in no way employed by Sprint in any sense. I just know stuff.
Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat