cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

upgrade for the HTC EVO 4 G LTE

Journeyman

upgrade for the HTC EVO 4 G LTE

I got an upgrade for my EVO 4g LTE on 10/8/2013 saying it will fix stability issues, which I didnt have until  the damn update.  Tommorow I am going to the nearest repair center, 1 hour 5 minutes away.  Hopefully they can fix it and I will not have to Get a fifth replacement of the same kind of phone since 2/28/2013.  I already was talked through a master reset by sprint and factory reset by HTC and nothing worked.  I think the update did more damage then it fixed.  I would not reccomend this phone to anyone.

Tags (4)
7 REPLIES 7
Master

Re: upgrade for the HTC EVO 4 G LTE

What problems are you seeing. I haven;t seen any problems with the update and as soon as it was installed I did a hard reset to my phone. Then I slowly installed the various apps I use to make sure there were no conflicts or issues that cropped up after the apps were installed.

--
If my post or someone else's answered your question please mark it an Accepted Solution.

Keep in mind, like you, I am a Sprint subscriber. I am in no way employed by Sprint in any sense. I just know stuff.
Journeyman

It comes on by itself and will not stay turned off, it also says the SD has been removed when it hasnt been. I called sprint and she talked mee through the master reset but the problems started up again after 15 minutes.   I took it into a sprint store today and he talked me into a samsung because I have had similar problem to four since 2/28/2013.  Is a master reset the same as a hard reset?

Master

Yes, a master reset is a hard reset. Sounds as if that phone may have had a hardware issue.

Doesn't much matter anymore if you got the Samsung, but did the exact same thing happen with EVERY phone or was this a new problem with the last one?

--
If my post or someone else's answered your question please mark it an Accepted Solution.

Keep in mind, like you, I am a Sprint subscriber. I am in no way employed by Sprint in any sense. I just know stuff.
Master

There's missing posts from this thread. Specifically posts talking about the SD Card possibly being bad.

What gives?

--

Journeyman

Your right and those posts could help others like they helped me.

Journeyman

If he deleted his account would that delete all of the posts he made?

Master

Could, if he's able to delete his/her acct. Thing is, there isn't a way to delete their forum acct other then by admin. So I'm thinking they were erased for some reason.

--

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Friday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat