cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

1/19 - HTC EVO 4G Software Update - 4.67.651.3

Journeyman

I updated my phone a week ago. After the phone installed the update and restarted, it booted back up almost resembling a stock version of the phone. All of my apps were gone, including some that had come pre-installed on the phone that I was under the impression could not be removed. Now, before the update I had begun getting the "Low on space" notification. So I tried deleting all the data and cache in some apps like my facebook app. When they wouldn't clear the data, that's when I checked for this update. Also, I had moved all the apps I was able to to the SD card to make room on my phone. Now with all the apps gone, I go to manage applications and I can see all the apps on my SD card. And they are taking up space on the card. Yet, the icons are greyed out and it will not allow me to move them back to my pohone telling me that they aren't installed. Now this is a pretty big problem seeing as how I was pretty much running everything from my SD card. I was using GO Launcher EX instead of the HTC Sense and Handscent with very detailed settings for my everyday use. So I am trying everything to avoid doing a factory reset on my phone. Also, my Market continously crashes and never opens and I get notifications that the Google framework has crashed every few minutes or so when something new like a text or call comes in. I have called Sprint "customer support" and they were essentially useless. I was wondering if anyone on here has had a similar problem and if they were able to fix it without wiping the phone clean. Thanks.

GrandMaster

It actually sounds like the card unmounted itself. then again if it did this you wouldnt be able to view anything on the sd card. if you try going back into the market hit menu and pull up your apps. does it still have all your apps listed?

actually the only thing i can think of that might have caused this is when your phone started messing up the sd card unmounted itself. when you deleted alot of the apps the majority of the information was still on the sd card. not all of the app goes to the sd card when you move it. the majority of the information yes...but not all of it.

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Journeyman

When I try the update I get the following error message:  The process com.android.phone has stopped unexpectedly.  Please try again.  Then it makes me force close it.  Any suggestions???????

GrandMaster

power cycle your phone and try it again (remove the battery for at least 2 full minutes and then power it back up) if this doesnt work then you may have to take it into a repair store and have them push it onto the phone through their computer. are you trying to download this over 3G, 4G or WIFI?

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Journeyman

I got to say this new update 4.67.651.3  by far is the best of the best for me! I love the new design in the market and also my phone is so much faster and if you check the power usage you see nothing is using power as you usually see the display having so much of 87 percent of your power. Well the all are set at zero now. I am loving this. I was thinking about upgrading my Evo orginal to something else new but since all the updates it's like a new phone. I still have not used everything this phone has to offer yet! So why would I. This phone still rocks!

Journeyman

I finally got the update, but first i had to update to 4.53 then 4.54 and finally 4.67, so far im satisfied with this update...my phone is faster and the battery last a little longer. my phone works better than it did when i bought it so its all good.

Highlighted
Journeyman

So, umm...Sprint???  The Kyocera Echo has this CIQ on all it's handsets too....when can we expect the removal?

GrandMaster

if im understanding correctly it was removed with this update.

Journeyman

It doesn't appear Sprint cares about the rebooting issues with the EVO's. I'm leary about doing new updates since my EVO hasn't been the same since last summer.  I've had 2 factory resets and the only thing it causes is more frustration downloading my apps and redoing my settings. The reboot to the white HTC screen is getting worse.  It happens almost every time I exit an app or web. I can't wait for an upgrade with this always happening.

Master

grizbear722 wrote:

It doesn't appear Sprint cares about the rebooting issues with the EVO's. I'm leary about doing new updates since my EVO hasn't been the same since last summer.  I've had 2 factory resets and the only thing it causes is more frustration downloading my apps and redoing my settings. The reboot to the white HTC screen is getting worse.  It happens almost every time I exit an app or web. I can't wait for an upgrade with this always happening.

This is not the phone rebooting, it is HTC's Sense interface. HTC is still investigating this issue on all of their handsets, it isn't just Sprint devices, it is most of HTC's android phones that have been upgraded to Andorid 2.3 (Gignerbread).

Sense is being removed from memory because it is not being used and the handset is attempting to free up unused space. Then once you close whatever you are doing, the interface has to restart because it was shut down i nthe background.

This is why if you use any other alternate launcher (Go Launcher, ADW Launcher, etc.) there is no issue with them restarting. It is HTC Sense, not the phone's hardware or Android itself.

Journeyman

I use GO launcher and I still have the reboot issue. I notice when this happens most my EVO is over heating. I also believe the facebook app might be the problem but have had the same reboot and over heating experiences while trying to use the stock navigation app. Problems? yes. Frustrating? yes.

GrandMaster

if i remember right there was rumor that gingerbreads built in task killer was the culprit. for some reason it was shutting down sense even though it was part of the operating system and needed to stay untouched.

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Friday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat