Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

1/19 - HTC EVO 4G Software Update - 4.67.651.3

Wizard

HTC EVO 4G Software Update - 4.67.651.3

Enhancements/Fixes:

- Security Update

- Updated Peep client ( to align with Twitter)

- Battery life improvements

Important Notes:

- The new software version is: 4.67.651.3

- The customer may initiate the update beginning 1/19 or wait until notifications begin being sent to devices on 1/24

- Refer to the HTC EVO 4G Software Update blog for install instructions 

- Updates may be released in stages. When checking for the update, you may receive a message that no update is available,   

check back later or wait until the update notification is sent to your device  

146 REPLIES
Journeyman

Re: 1/19 - HTC EVO 4G Software Update - 4.67.651.3

RE: HTC EVO 4G, Factory installed Weather Widget forecasting problem

On my Sprint HTC EVO 4g, when I press on the weather temperature on the front sceen. It takes me to the 4 day forecast. However it skips today, the present day and current location.

Example for the current city, if today is Saturday 1/14/2012, the 4 day forecast begins with;

Mon, Tues, Wed, Thurs.

It skips the current day, Saturday and sometimes Sunday?

I went to the Sprint Store and they did a hard re-set, it did not help. They said, they are seeing more htc evo phone owners come in with the same problem.

Do you think HTC or Sprint will address this issue in any near future updates?

Journeyman

Security Update - aka CIQ removed

Journeyman

Re: 1/19 - HTC EVO 4G Software Update - 4.67.651.3

I am glad to see an update, but what about the Sense restart/reboot issues that plauge a lot of users still since the October update?

Journeyman

Yeah, what about the Sense restart issue.  It's beginning to drive me crazy.

GrandMaster

if we ever get the ice cream sundae update...which i doubt we will...most likely that would be resolved. aside from that the sense reload problem has been ongoing for quite a while now..there is a thread in another forum all about just that..you dont want to know how many pages it is

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Journeyman

At this point I would be happy with 2.3.4. Even the Epic 4g got it as well as the droid incredible

GrandMaster

much of a difference between 2.3.3 and 2.3.4?

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Journeyman

Will the pre-installed Swype be updated?

HTC EVO, using Swype version 2.50.72.20895.20925, Android 2.3.3

How do I get the newer versions without rooting the phone? Swype is up to at least 3.26

Journeyman

the biggest difference i am interested in is the ability to use google video chat, which support was added for in 2.3.4

GrandMaster

dont really think i would use it. i already have skype downloaded on my phone so my son can video talk with his mom while im out and about. id much rather have some of the ongoing issues that were already introduced be fixed than move up to another possible bug scenario. sense reload...internal memory loss...etc

Journeyman

The memory loss is a problem. The biggest culprit I found to date is the facebook app.  The data keeps growing and growing. The only way to get back the memory is to clear the date but then you have to log back in and set the app settings again.  Kind of a pain in the rear, but I've recovered almost 25mb by doing so.....god only knows how much more it would have grown.  Other apps may be doing this also.
I have had the sense reload issue a few times also but not so often that it makes a big deal (to me). 

Also I really wish I could delete stupid bloatware programs that I don;t use like amazon MP3, sprint football, sprint nascar, telnav gps, nova, amazon kindle.....all useless waste of space. Yes I know about rooting but im not into that.

Community News

This is a PUBLIC ARCHIVE board, all artciles are read only.

Please click here to search the Active Community.