cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

10/25 - HTC EVO 4G Software Update - 4.54.651.1

Highlighted
Journeyman

I got an update earlier today on my Sprint Evo. There has been an error the HTC sense all day. I cannot not access my phone and applications. The error message reads: "The application HTC Sense(processcom.htc.launcher) has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again." It then has a foreclose button under it. This has been going on all day. I need help please. I have restarted the phone several times and the same problem has not been fixed.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I am afraid to say that it hasn't been completely fixed but I have noticed this issue less often today.

As for you doc2j, it shounds like something got corrupted with the update and you might have bricked your phone. Sounds like you might have to contact Sprint for reinstalling the entire phone instructions.

Highlighted
Journeyman

A notice showed up on my phone as I was driving so I hit cancel. Now that I am in a fixed location, I went back the manual way (i.e settings, system update, etc)...it says no updates available. That makes no sense.

Highlighted
Journeyman

This was my second and final HTC phone, on the hero I had to replace it two times and im on my fourth evo 4g and it only gets worse with each update what a piece of crap!  I hate this phone. the biggest bitch is that sprint doesn't stand behind their product or their customers. Just keep giving me the same  piece of shit over and over again and when I told them I wanted a new phone they told me that they has to replace it with a similar phone and since the only phone like the evo is the evo thats what I'm stuck with. A worthless piece that the touch screen shuts down completely nothing works and I have to pull the battery a few times daily just to get it to turn off and reset fort at lest a couple hours. What happened to sprint's great customer service, it seems that over the past 2 years they have been on a steady decline of not giving a crap about the consumer, and they don't even care if you cancel your service (in fact it was even suggested a few times if I felt I could get better service elsewhere I should go get it) as soon as my contract is up I'm out of here and trekking my 2k a year payments with me to a company who gives a crap about their customers and product.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Re: 10/25 - HTC EVO 4G Software Update - 4.54.651.1

The silence from the Sprint Mods on this forum is palpable. No ownership of any of these issues, noone really gives a flying crap as long as they take your contract money every month.

Journeyman

I made the mistake of finally updating my software (was still on 2.2) today. Biggest mistake and nothing but trouble since I updated.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I AM TRYING TO UPGRADE TO THE NEW VERSION BUT THE 1ST TIME I TRIED IT IT TOOK 12 HOURS AND IT DID NOT DOWNLOAD THE 2ND 4HOURS WHAT AM I DOING WRONG HERE THE ONLY THING ON MY SCREEN IS A TRIANGLE AND INSIDE THE THE TRIANGLE IS A ! AND A BLUE DROID ON THE SIDE . HELP HELP

Highlighted
Wizard

There's nothing really helpful posted here yet except for Dantana... thanks.  Some others, it's just a lot of bi t chin' without explaining what yer bi t chin' about. Can't tell if it's specifically about the OP subject... the latest EVO update 4.54.651.1 or not.

Highlighted
Wizard

MRSERICA33,

It's possible you may need to perform a hard reset and reload the software, since you're trying to initiate the software update I'm assuming you have everything backed up so you can try to perform a hard reset by turning the phone off or pulling the battery and once you put it back in hold down the volume down button and press and hold the power button. It will bring up a menu screen, scroll down to clear storage using the volume keys and press the power button to select. (*Note you may want to remove the SD card prior to performing this, it should not wipe the SD card but as a precautionary measure it's never a bad idea)

Highlighted
Journeyman

Got notification of Update on 10/31, said yes (via wifi) woke up today and everything looks good.  HTC Evo seems a bit faster and "HTC logo when closing apps" issue seems to be gone.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Given the track record of releases netting effective value-add vs. disruptive to existing features, I'm afraid I'm going to pass, especially given the vagueness of the detailed release notes:

"- Security update"

Highlighted
Wizard

The serious security issues opened by the previous HTC gingerbread updates definitely posed a risk to your personal information.

http://www.androidpolice.com/2011/10/01/massive-security-vulnerability-in-htc-android-devices-evo-3d...

Everyone should address this. I just wanted to find out if there were any known side-effects of this update. I haven't seen any documented so I went ahead and just applied the 4.54.651.1 update. Of course, WHILE my phone is installing the update I found THIS just out about a brand new security issue for HTC that exploits Sprint's Wimax 4G:

http://www.talkandroid.com/69708-htc-security-threat-round-2/

ldale3712 wrote:

Given the track record of releases netting effective value-add vs. disruptive to existing features, I'm afraid I'm going to pass, especially given the vagueness of the detailed release notes:

"- Security update"

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat