Highlighted
Wizard

10/25 - HTC EVO 4G Software Update - 4.54.651.1

HTC EVO 4G Software Update - 4.54.651.1

Enhancements/Fixes:

- Security Update

Important Notes:

- The new software version is: 4.54.651.1

- The customer may initiate the update beginning 10/25 or wait until notifications begin being sent to devices on 10/27

- Refer to the HTC EVO 4G Software Update blog for install instructions 

- Updates may be released in stages. When checking for the update, you may receive a message that no update is available,   

check back later or wait until the update notification is sent to your device  

47 REPLIES 47
Highlighted
Journeyman

What we really want is Sense to stop restarting! Thats the only update I care about.

but I guess security updates is important too.

Highlighted
Journeyman

ya what gives???

no one can help us with this..... any answers why?

Highlighted
Journeyman

Re: 10/25 - HTC EVO 4G Software Update - 4.54.651.1

HTC Sense issue seems to have disappeared, CHECK.

Now for some bizarre reason Dolphin Browser cannot access the internet.........  GREAT.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I'm still using Software Version 4.24.651.1 on my HTC EVO 4G

I just checked for HTC software update on my HTC EVO 4G and there is an update for Software Version 4.53.651.1, but not for 4.54.651.1

Checked for update at 11:36pm EST Tuesday October 25, 2011.

I will edit my post when I am prompted the update to 4.54.651.1

Highlighted
GrandMaster

dolphin just had a update but im still able to use the net. but going from one page to another sometimes will not go. just a blank page. if you refresh it it will then go to the page you wanted. im thinking more of a app issue than a sprint one though

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Highlighted
Journeyman

I just got the OTA update yesterday, but now my phone is saying that I my internal storage is low.  I had over 150MB of free internal space, but after the update it went down to less than 40MB...  All my applications are on my SD card, as well as pics, movies, downloads, etc.  I had to remove some Apps, and I'm still at only 75MB of free space.

PLEASE HELP!  I want my free space back!!!

Highlighted
GrandMaster

im afraid to say it but you just got hit with the now infamous "internal memory leak". its a known issue but there hasnt been a fix or work around found yet. only thing you can really do is a factory reset. for some it does work. for others its only a temporary fix. it hit me and im still going 4ish months strong without a repeat.

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Highlighted
Wizard

OH NO! An HTC update... do I dare try it? This update is a fix in response to the huge security holes opened up by their last Gingerbread update where users private data is exposed in many apps. Unfortunately it doesn't seem to fix any of the other Sense instability issues the previous updates created. All HTC updates unfortunately seem to break something else.

Can anyone who has tried it post their results?

Highlighted
Journeyman

Unfortunately I was in error above.  HTC Sense didn't reset for 10 mins or so but has been doing it again all day today.

Thanks Sprint/HTC again for not dealing with this issue that must be affecting thousands of your customers since the June 'update'.  Great customer service.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Re: 10/25 - HTC EVO 4G Software Update - 4.54.651.1

Surprisingly enough, I was able to sucessfully upgrade to version 4.54.651.1 on my EVO 4G.  The entire process took 10 minutes.  Since the update, I still notice the delay when exiting apps and such.  Sprint needs to work with HTC to get this issue fixed.  I was wondering, is this issue only happening with the EVO or on other HTC devices?

Highlighted
Journeyman

Dantana_LV, has the HTC Sense resetting issue completely disappeared?

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat