cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

10/25 - HTC EVO 4G Software Update - 4.54.651.1

Highlighted
Journeyman

How much inconvenience do we have to experience?  I did an FR once when I upgraded to gingerbread to address a different set of performance issues, but it's a pain in the ass and it's ridiculous that we've been subjected to taking these extreme measures to maintain a functioning product.  When you couple that issue with a painfully slow 3G network and a nonexistent 4G network (even though 50% of my purchase decision was based on San Francisco being a clear city in 2010, which Sprint publicly announced and failed to achieve) and bloatware, what is the real value here?  I used to love the idea of fighting for Sprint and Android to take on the Goliaths of the industry, but the lack of improvement and dedication to rise to the occasion has worn me out and disappointed me all-the-more. In terms of options: we always have options...I've already executed on an alternative which will take effect later this week and will cost me money on both ends, but I suppose I'll just chalk it up to an expensive learning experience.

Highlighted
GrandMaster

true. but the memory leak i really dont think is linked to sense. when it happened to me i noticed that a few apps that usualy arent that big were pretty large. mail and swype mainly.  i havent ran into the issue in quite a while now. nor have i had the HTC splash screen hit me in about 4ish months. i DO however know that no matter which phone or carrier i jump to is going to have its issues. even the iphone has its problems.

joshuasanfrancisco. i thought san fran was 4G? sac has it for sure. or is it just spotty all over there? sprint is upgrading their towers 4G wise so im not to sure if that means theyre spreading the wealth and covering more areas or just upgrading the current ones. either way im in a smaller area so im s crewed no matter how you look at it.

the 3G data speeds are pretty sappy. but i think its more of the areas your in and how many people are running on them. i just watched a movie through netflix while on lunch and it buffered once on me. 3G. my speeds around here are junk-decent. i have seen others post where their speeds were hitting the top of the charts all the time...which i hate them for lol

can one of the techs in here drop a link to the forum about the new tower upgrades. i cant remember where it was.

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Highlighted
Journeyman

I took the plunge and did a factory reset, it was a hassle but not as much as i thought, and it also gave me the oppoutunity to get rid of random apps I  hardly use anymore taking up space, apps I thought i couldnt do without but i never re installed them and i find I dont miss them at all. After the FR i didnt see the HTC Sense reboot for about a week, then it happened again a few times, but only on rare occasions, usually after deleting an app or something else like that, i can deal with that cuz, it doesnt happen most the time and I can understand having to reload after making changes like that. The phone runs so much better, very snappy, im glad finally just did the factory reset. Some say it didnt work for them, many say it does, if Sense reboots etc..are that frusturating then i say just do it and see.

I also noticed how much more space i have, i didnt re download all my apps, but most i did. I have a little over 200MB free space, before I would have something around 55MB, sometimes down to 40MB or less. I tried clean it out as much as i could, got to 100MB once, but soon went back down to 50MB or so. That amount of apps and data not reinstalled doesnt add up to over 100MBs not even close, so I dunno how i got all the extra space. I dunno if I had some problem all along before the Factory reset.

Highlighted
GrandMaster

apps like yahoo mail seem to keep alot of data. even clearing out the sent box, spam and deleted seems to drop it a lil but then it slowly jumps back up. only other one i have noticed taking up quite a bit of room is swype. but it fluctuates. at one point it might be 13 mb. then i go check another time and its over 20mb. i dont do anything to it then its back down in the teens. no clue.

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Highlighted
Journeyman

Re: 10/25 - HTC EVO 4G Software Update - 4.54.651.1

If they gave us the opportunity to remove the bloatware they preinstall on the phone that would help.  Do these idiots not realise that installing those apps on the phone turns people off from using them in the first place?

Blockbuster, NASCAR, Nova, etc etc etc on a phone with only 512mb internal memory....  When facebook/Flashplayer/Words with Friends doesn't support storage on the SD it utterly shafts your choice of apps when all that shite is pre installed.

I said it once, I'll say it again...

IDIOTS.

Highlighted
GrandMaster

yah the 3D supposedly has the ability to remove bloatware. would be nice if we could.

Highlighted
Journeyman

So, I went to install this on my phone today, After it did the shutdown, I got a graphic on my screen of a triangle with an exclamation point in it and a blu android guy to the right.  After 2 hours of my phone being stuck like this, I popped the battery out to reset my phone, as nothing else worked.  Anyone else have this issue?

Highlighted
Journeyman

After applying the latest update 4.54.651.1 for my HTC EVO 4G I see that my internal storage went as low as 45 MB and I got a notification that I am running low on space. I had to manually go clear space on lots of apps. I basically cleared the application data for a lot of apps. As a result I lost all my account login/password info and had to reenter the info to login to the apps. This is painful user experience. Please fix it. Thanks.

Highlighted
Wizard

heimarmene,

It's possible you may need to reset the device, pull the battery then put it back in and hold down the volume down button and press and hold the power button. It will bring up a menu scroll down to clear storage using the volume keys and press the power button to select. This will wipe the device unfortunately.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Hello all,  This is my first time posting about anything but I did the update last week and that same day my phone constantly started to reboot.  It happened when I unlocked it, or try to answer a call, or it would just be turned off when I would go to use it. I called sprint 4 times today. I was hung up on twice by sups and the only one that new of the issue was the first rep but she then had to trans me to some one who had no idea about the issue..... I used to work for AT&T mobile data support... I know the difference between software, hardware and network issues. I was very good at what I did a little that I couldnt fix. I am on my second replacement waiting for my third. I had to master reset twice today, just so they would send me anouther one with possibly the same software.  Bottom line is that my phone rebooted itself over 15 times today and an average of 5 times a day. I would love just to get a new phone but im stuck with this one till 2013. 3 years for an upgrade really!!!!  Come on sprint you can do better than this, I know I deceive better treatment than this, we all do.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Ever since the last update in late October (I believe - or close to then) my phone has been force closing on me when I receive calls. Really annoying. I was loving my phone until this last update...

It has a lot of trouble staying connected to my Bluetooth headset (but not my bluetooth headsets for music, only for talking).

Highlighted
Journeyman

BTW, when I go to:

Settings -> About Phone -> Software Information

It shows software number "2.08.651.3". Shouldn't it be "4.54.651.1"? 

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat