cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

12/15 - HTC Evo Maintenance Release - 3.70.651.1

Highlighted
Journeyman

Re: 12/15 - HTC Evo Maintenance Release - 3.70.651.1

All I want to know if the home screen looks like the Nexsu S with the box at the bottom of the screen.  I hate that box and hope that its not include in the upate on the EVO.

It would be nice if Sprint could post a youtube video or show screen shots of an updated EVO for users to preview before updating.

Journeyman

I guess it could be considered an update for bloatware.

Journeyman

Right, turn off the 4G and pay the extra 10.00 per month...wow how do you spell RIPOFF?

Journeyman

Hi hope you can help me to unistall the NOVA i can't.Thanks a Lot.

Journeyman

I had this phone since 6/4 and it has been great.  With this last update though,  the 3g portion is not staying on.  I could not get the data I needed while traveling I-35.  Is there a fix in the works to return the 3g to the level it was, or will it continue to be poor ?

Journeyman

Hey my evo doesnt want to update it!!?? why??? it reboots.. then i get the loading thing that is starting to do it. but then i get the EXCLAMTION MARK.. with the little Android bOY.. LOL.. Could it be because its rooted? :/

Journeyman

I am experiencing the exact same thing on my phone as well.  Even videos that I have on my SD card that arent in HD format appear to run very slow.

I am curious if something running as a service hogging up CPU time isnt the cause for the laggy response?  Might have to investigate this further to see if there isnt a free task monitor that can evaluate this

Journeyman

This update has presented issues for me as well.   Mostly it seems to eat the battery life rapidly when I leave the 4G thing turned on (I am not in 4G area).

I also want to get rid of the NOVA and Blockbuster apps.

Seems there are issues with this update (see other forums for Evo) and I don't like when apps are forced on me.

Do better testing Sprint.. and listen to your customers....

Journeyman

well, i suffered the problem of my sd card unmounting itself after the update and not getting any internet radio as well. did the factory reset on friday and proceeded to lose all the apps i have acquired since july when i got the phone. stunk, but still had all the problems since the update. took my sd card out and transferred everything to the computer, then formatted the sd card again, then put everything back on the card. so far, no issues with unmounting and mounting the sd card. but still no internet radio. after searching some forums today found out how to fix. called sprint and requested my msl number. its your number, you have the right to ask for it. then go in this order..

1) on your phone type ##3282# should give the option of view and edit

2) on edit enter your msl number

3)select advanced

4) go to the bottom 2 settings

5) enter 0 for http pd proxy port

6) enter 0.0.0.0 for pd proxy address

now your internet radio should work until htc tries to hopefully update with one that works next time...

Message was edited by: SMACKD00GIE

Message was edited by: SMACKD00GIE

Journeyman

I am going to request from sprint support that premium data be removed from my billing until these issues are resolved. I do not feel I should pay for 4G when:

1. It is a hit and miss with 4G anyways in my area.

2. Since the update the 4G for me has performed worse.

I will let ya know how my battle goes but, I am going to push them for a fix from Sprint and EVO this is total crap and needs to get fixed right away. If your smart enough to sell crap you oughta be smarter enough to support so get something done Sprint and HTC.

-Tordo

Wizard

BUG: 12/15 - HTC Evo Maintenance Release - 3.70.651.1 is awful

I just got a replacement Evo and looked in the software downloads and this "Maintenance Release" is still active?!?!?!?  What are you trying to do Sprint?!  You should at least pull this update. 

I am SOOOOO glad that I got a new Evo and don't have this ridiculous "maintenance release".  GARBAGE.  My battery is back to lasting a long time, my Kindle App that I CHOSE to download is sitting quietly on my SD card, and I don't have Blockbuster's app OR ridiculous DRM service running everytime I reboot my phone.

Journeyman

Re: BUG: 12/15 - HTC Evo Maintenance Release - 3.70.651.1 is awful

not one to make light of everyone on here and their issues since the update, but please lets top blaming just sprint or these problems. last time i checked, the update is found under htc software update. at least it was when mine finally came through. call htc customer service and complain to them as well. sprint gives us the service.htc provides the phones and software. lets put equal blame where it belongs.

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Friday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat