Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

12/15 - HTC Evo Maintenance Release - 3.70.651.1

Highlighted
Journeyman

Re: 12/15 - HTC Evo Maintenance Release - 3.70.651.1

here's what I did.

I realized that my phone contacts were stored on my phone so I backed them up as a vCard on my SD card. Uploaded them online on the gmail site. Backed up my photos and vids (just incase).  I decided to reinstall my apps instead of moving them.

I did a factory reset. I DID have swipe, nova, and Blockbuster there. I DO have better battery life.

The first time I got the update I ran NOVA and Blockbuster. Could this have been the issue?  Either way. I'm sitting at 92% now at 11am (3 1/2 hours since unplugged).

At 5:30 this morning my phone had been plugged in and was at 100%. It quickly dropped down to 95%. I plugged it in, until 98%.  Using nothing basicly except an alarm, checking my email, and at about 1 1/2 later I was at 95%.  I haven't used it much, but before the hard reset, it would have been down to 80% by now.I've had sync on, Wi-Fi on for a bit, and in good service.

I hope this helps for someone.

Highlighted
Wizard

toplessnturboed wrote:

here's what I did.

I realized that my phone contacts were stored on my phone so I backed them up as a vCard on my SD card. Uploaded them online on the gmail site. Backed up my photos and vids (just incase).  I decided to reinstall my apps instead of moving them.

I did a factory reset. I DID have swipe, nova, and Blockbuster there. I DO have better battery life.

The first time I got the update I ran NOVA and Blockbuster. Could this have been the issue?  Either way. I'm sitting at 92% now at 11am (3 1/2 hours since unplugged).

At 5:30 this morning my phone had been plugged in and was at 100%. It quickly dropped down to 95%. I plugged it in, until 98%.  Using nothing basicly except an alarm, checking my email, and at about 1 1/2 later I was at 95%.  I haven't used it much, but before the hard reset, it would have been down to 80% by now.I've had sync on, Wi-Fi on for a bit, and in good service.

I hope this helps for someone.

After the update, my battery life went from decent to intolerable.  Litterally, the phone would go from coming off the charger to 90% in the 20 minutes it took me to drive from home to my office, and that was without using the phone at all.  If I kept my use to a few phone calls and checking a few emails, but no GPS, no web browsing, etc. I could get 14 hours on a single charge.

I kept getting a low memory warning, so rather than figure out what to remove, I decided to do a hard reset today.  It was one of the best decisions I made.  Now granted, my Up time was only 12 hours when the battery gauge dropped to 20%, but my Awake time was nearly 7 hours.  Just before the reset, I had charged my phone to full.  After the reset, I was using my phone non stop for several hours redownloading and installing apps. I had to resync all my email accounts as well as facebook/twitter. I was also using the hot spot feature with the 4G antenna turned on.  My only regret is that I hadn't reset my phone sooner.

It definitely helped me.  Thanks to everyone who recommended resetting the Evo.

Highlighted
Patron

Beyond Poor!

okay, the swype keyboard is sweet, but not being able to remove nova and blockbuster really annoys me. Especially for a phone that is so "customizable."

The final annoyance, is the the bluetooth HID doesn't work. I can use a bluetooth keyboard with Droid X, but not EVO? Seriously, it is already part of Android. This might be enough to drive me to either verizon or cyanogen.

Highlighted
Journeyman

So pissed I can't remove blockbuster app.  This is complete bullshit from a 10 plus year customer.  I promise you Sprint if I can't remove this by June kiss one of your longest customers goodbye.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I have been a Sprint customer for over 11 years now. Recently, I have been to Sprint Repair Centers and I have interacted with Sprint Customer Service Representatives via this website, regarding issues created by this Maintenance Release. At no time have I used profanity nor have I been disruptive in their retail locations. However, I guess because Sprint feels that I may have complained one too many times about problems or issues, today (03/07/11) I received their letter that as of 03/30/11 they are terminating my wireless account with them. They are also not going to assess me their Early Termination Fee.

It doesn't break my heart that Sprint has decided to take this course of action. I still have my Small Claims Lawsuit that I filed in 12/10 in Justice Of The Peace-Precinct 2 in Arlington, TX so that will go forward, just waiting for a trial date to be set. This will be my second lawsuit that I filed against Sprint, the first case was in 11/10 and I received a payment of $552 for a defective phone from Sprint on that case.

But this is probably the nudge that I needed to change carriers anyway as there are plenty of other cellular providers that will welcome my business! Sprint makes out on customers like me in that each month I never use in services and phone minutes what I pay them for. Sprint hasn't always been this way. All I ever wanted Sprint to do was to be upfront and honest with their customers and their actions in the last few years have demonstrated that they can't do that.

Once the Sprint moderators read this reply, it will be deleted from this thread as "inappropriate content."

Added:

Prior to filing my Small Claims Lawsuit in 12/10, I had filed complaints with the Federal Communications Commission, the Federal Trade Commission and The State of Texas-Attorney General. Sprint has never responded to any of those complaints. I can only guess that Sprint would rather terminate a customers service rather than address the issues.

Message was edited by: RCKSTEIN02

Highlighted
Journeyman

I am going to try that. Thxs

Highlighted
Journeyman

So you believe Sprint is dropping you for complaining?  I just don't think so.  There are consequences to filing lawsuits twice in two months and filing multiple complaints with government bodies, and I am certain Sprint feels, rightly, that it would be cheaper not to have you as a customer.  It's not always in a business's best interest to keep a customer that is too expensive to satisfy and cutting your losses is the best thing to do in these instances.  I'm sure Sprint is cutting their losses.

Businesses are not obligated to take anyone as a customer, and can discriminate as long as it's not on the basis of a protected category--like race, creed color, national origin,...  They can discriminate on the basis of "pain in the neckness."

Highlighted
Journeyman

Apparently there are consequences for people calling them out on their screw up. If you are a customer and pay for a phone and the features of the phone are affected by the very carrier that has the phone, I would file something against them as well. It was their engineers who apparently can't handle a simple software update without screwing something up (ie The Sirius Radio app that now no longer works through Sprints network and only functions through WiFi) or the garbage ware that THEY put on the phone such as Blockbuster, Nova, and Kindle.

The customers didn't ask for this. They basically put malware/crapware on the phone. You don't do that to your customer and expect them to only have glowing praise for you. I hope he wins his lawsuit. This phone was too much money to NOT work the way it is supposed to simply because Sprint is to inadequate or too stupid to test these things first before interrupting the overal functionality of the phone. It has been nearly three months and you still can't access Sirius the way you could before. That is unacceptable AND Sprint hasn't said a word or done anything about it. I know there are tweaks and such, but WE shouldn't HAVE to look for solutions for their problems that they created.

They better start remembering who keeps them in business

Highlighted
Journeyman

5636764179:

I'm not the only Sprint customer filing complaints with governmental agencies, that's why they exist, for the protection of consumers. Sprint is the one that broke the EVO with this Maintenance Release in their attempt to add bloatware to the phones, bloatware they were most certainly paid to add. Then they also downgraded the 4G coverage areas, but the Premium Data Fee remains in affect. In fact, they are adding more phones to the list that will have to pay this fee. Then they downgraded the Premier Program in the middle of contracts. Maybe you like paying for something you're not getting, but I don't. How about if you went to a gas station and paid $10 for gas but the station owner has the pumps set to only dispense $5, would that be ok to you? What if you went to a fine restaurant and ordered prime rib and they served you hamburger but at the same price, would that be ok to you?

I didn't always complain to Sprint. Just a couple of weeks ago while I was at one of their Repair Centers, they replaced the screen on my EVO. That in itself fixed (3) issues. After that was completed, I sent Sprint a complimentary email thanking them for solving those issues. However, with the other issues that they refused to address, I started with the Better Business Bureau and went up from there when Sprint chose to ignore the complaints. It is unfortunate that it takes a lawsuit to get their attention, but so be it.

Sprint is not the only cellular service and I'm very happy that they cut me loose. I'm already with another cellular provider that has better service and is cheaper! In addition, my mother is leaving Sprint after just renewing her contract in 12/10, another cellular provider has offered to pay her Sprint Early Termination Fee. As for those of you that chose to stay with Sprint, I wish you good luck.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Wow - RCKSTEIN02 - reading your problems and your actions, I don't know whether to laud you or feel sorry for you. You have experienced a lot of frustration over your cell phones and have expended a lot of time and energy on these matters. The one thing I know is that I have been with multiple carriers since the inception of the cell phone, and you will likely have similar problems with any carrier. Some of your issues seem to me to be industry-wide issues and not just with Sprint. I do wish you the best of luck with your new carrier, and hopefully your actions will improve Sprint service for all of us (and cell carrier service in general). I have been with, left and have come back to Sprint several times now, and overall feel their service is as good or better than any other carrier I have been with.

Highlighted
Journeyman

My cousin hads the evo as well and manage to remove blockbuster and  nova by rooting his Phone. But he's a Android programmer.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Seems rooting the phone is the only way. Since it has been almost 5 months and Sprint and HTC has done little to nothing to solve the issues. Typical.

-Travis

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat