ForumTopicPage
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2.2. SOON TO BE READY...HAD HICCUP TOO...STAY TUNED..EVO..ONLY

Journeyman

2.2. SOON TO BE READY...HAD HICCUP TOO...STAY TUNED..EVO..ONLY

I was chatting with support, about how my staus bar slider blocks me entering text for names in my contacts, and behold, a slip of the tongue by me mentioning the trouble with the OTA we, that have had nothing but nightmares with, and the tech (advanced) mentioned that on or about the 30th of june, the 2,2, froyo went live OTA, but had the same results as the firmware did with some. They then removed it, and NOW they are deciding to make as a download via USB, to assure the verification, and validity of the install. I ask that those that are suffering the ills of the recent firmware, just hold on a bit longer.It was mentioned that the old firmware will be wiped clean, thus we will have new phones with life again. This is not an assumption, but will make its debut when they post it. This is HOPEFUL FOR MOST OF US.

6 REPLIES 6
Journeyman

Re: 2.2. SOON TO BE READY...HAD HICCUP TOO...STAY TUNED..EVO..ONLY

Seriously dude,

You are obviously EXTREMELY new to Sprint. You reak of noob.

Let me break it down for you.

Sprint is a disaster when it comes to updates. Especially Android updates. I'm speaking from experience from the past 2 years.

Have you ever heard of a phone called the HTC Hero? We waited 8 months for an update that was "eluded" to 20+ times.

Now on to the important part..

Sprint customer service reps are 'SALESMAN" I don't know how to be more clear. They have NO WORKING KNOWLEDGE OF ANY PHONE except the one in their pocket.. (if that, and it's probably on AT&T and iPhone 4)

If you believe a word they say, you deserve it.

The ONLY PLACE TO GAIN RELEVANT KNOWLEDGE TO ANYTHING relating to the EVO is on the XDA forums.  Your choice.. take a bath, wash the noob off.

P.S. You should consider me a SuperHero because I just gave you knowledge that WILL save you and open your eyes to true genius behind the ROM Developement for this device. You can't get 22 hours of battery life with heavy usage on the Stock EVO ROM, that's for sure!

Message was edited by: CustSvcKnowsNothing

Journeyman

Sure it was 22 hours with  heavy usage? 4G or 3G?

Was the screen all the time off ?   Link plz

Journeyman

3G - I don't have 4G in Orange, Calif. yet.

I have constant checks for my corportate email through exchange (80+ emails a day), Matrix LWP going at all times. Bluetooth with 40+ calls at least 3 - 5 minutes long. 20 text messages.

GPS constantly running. Facebook, QIK usage. (2 Calls ~ 4 minutes a piece)

It's called the DamageControl ROM on the XDA forums. It's the standard for the Evo.

Journeyman

Ahhh, that's reasonable. You've really scared my sheeps initially with your 22 hours That's 3 times the record of continuum web usage which so far belonged to i4 with its 7.5 hours, see Anandtech. Even on its own EVO ROM on 3G I get similarly good battery life after optimizing running applications and services.

The problem and big one is with 4G. It kills all battery life and renders the phone with such 4G almost completely useless. Because as soon as you forgot to switch it OFF manually the battery is dead in a blink of an eye. The fact that this #1 problem and enormous publicity pop in renome, the whole world laughing right now on EVOs battery life,  was not fixed in latest OTA update kills the hopes that this is not a design defect.

By the way you can doublecheck but very many cities have 4G coverage already in California before the announcements.

How quick your battery drops down  if you push 4G on even if 4G does not work? Can you switch it ON for an hour or two and measure battery percentages plz ?

Journeyman

I've accidently left it on for a couple hours a couple days ago - no real change.

My only real concern with this phone is that it lasts through my 15 hour work days, which it does with no problem and I have around 30-40% battery left at the end of the night.

I've seen the cities with 4G coverage - the closest to me in Los Angeles, but I'm not driving an hour to test something I can't use lol.

I'll be more than happy to turn it on now and see how it goes for the rest of the day. I'll try to measure in hour increments and see what the depletion is.

I'll post back.

Journeyman

As for the opinion of a "NOOB," I have been with sprint for eight years, and within that time, have not failed to be accurate with information.In addition to insulting my intellect, I am two or less semesters from my Masters of Science degree at Maryland, in INFORMATION ASSURANCE. Please dont be in comtempt prior to investigation people.

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat